I know, I know....I'm two days behind. Story of my life these days! But I think you'll forgive me when you hear that I didn't get my photo blog up because I was at my parents' house....
Meeting these two lovely ladies---that's right, the Baby Bettys! Could they be any cuter?
Meeting these two lovely ladies---that's right, the Baby Bettys! Could they be any cuter?
And attending the county fair junior livestock sale. It's fun to have experienced the sale for years as an exhibitor and to now go back as a buyer and see things from this side of the fence!
Anyway, now that we've got that cleared up and everyone forgives me, here are my shots for this week's themes! We've got an interesting mix of San Francisco and the ranch. Perfect example of the Sweet Home Alabama disease of which I'm a chronic sufferer!
As always, I'd love to hear your comments and know which shot is your favorite!
As always, I'd love to hear your comments and know which shot is your favorite!
And P.S. thank you all so much for your kind comments and prayers after my post yesterday. The funeral is today and I know that his family and the whole community so appreciate your prayers literally from all over the world.
Theme: Cadet Blue (Project 64)


I snapped this shot of Little Cowboy while we were out feeding cows on Saturday. I thought his shirt was the perfect shade of blue. I don't know what it is about a litlte boy in cowboy garb, but I just love it! Be sure to check out the other entries at Project 64! Because I think he's so cute, I'm also linking this up as my "Show Off Your Shot" entry at And Then She Snapped!
Theme: Colors (Quotography)
This week was interesting for me. Usually I select the photo first, and then go find a quote. Well this time, I had selected a completely different photo, but changed it because of the quote I found. The quote reads, "Stop counting crayons, just draw pictures." And I love it. I don't know about y'all, but I sure as heck need to hear that in my life. Sometimes I'm so busy "counting crayons"--comparing what I have with what others have or what I have with what I want or whatever--that I forget that every single day I have the chance to draw a picture. And that once the day is gone, the chance is too. As always, go over to My Perspective and enjoy all of the quotography entries!
Theme: Organic
The very first vineyard we went to on our wine tour of Napa and Sonoma was an organic vineyard called Madonna Estates. So I knew right away I'd be using a vineyard photo for this theme. I tossed around a few more "artsy" pictures, but settled on this one that really shows the grapes being grown, which are the whole point! Be sure to check out the other LEM entries on Friday!
Theme: Water
Since I had a water theme last week (what is with this recurring theme??) I wanted to get a little creative here. I love this picture of our windmill back home. You can see the fresh water flowing out into the tank, covered in green moss with a little barbed wire strewn across for good measure and old, red wooden corrals in the background. I love it!
Theme: Cars
I was a little worried I wouldn't have a photo for this theme, but then I came across this shot of the cable cars from San Francisco and knew I had to use it. When I lived in SF, my building was actually on a cable car line and I rode one of these babies to work every morning. It was like living in a movie!
4 comments:
Fun shots! Thanks for linking up your Cadet Blue find with Project 64!
Great pics Tiff! May fav. is little cowboy and I agree my heart melts for little boy's all dolled up in cowboy garb to! My second fav. is water then the flowers. Love seeing how your photography is going every week!
~LOKG
I like the water out of the windmill one. Lots of great colors and textures. :)
-College Roomie
Great quote. I get caught up in counting crayons sometimes, too.
Post a Comment