
I love it when I read things that really get me thinking. That happened recenty and I thought that I'd share. It all started when this blog asked the question: "Are you who the person you are looking for is looking for?" (Read it again and take it piece by piece if you're confused...I had to read it like 5 times.)
Well, that sort of stopped me dead in my tracks. I think that as single ladies, we focus a lot on finding Mr. Right and on the kind of person that he should be. You know....a good dancer, tall, broad shoulders, really funny, good with money, better with kids and animals and willing to propose surrounded by cows. (I realize your list may be slightly different...particularly if you're not a farm girl!)
But this question made me realize, "Holy cow...I need to be worrying about the kind of person that I should be too!" I barely even have time to fix my hair in the mornings or get my dishes washed at night....let's add another thing to the list!
Seriously though, it's not that I don't generally think about the kind of person that I am, but I had never thought about that in a relationship context. If I know the kind of person that I hope Mr. Right will be, am I the kind of person that he would be looking for?
I hope that Mr. Right is the kind of guy who looking for a girl who is kind and compassionate, who is loving and smart, who is responsible but fun. A girl who wants to know where she's going and what she is meant to do and focuses the difference she wants to make. And you know, sometimes (maybe a lot of the time) I don't fit into these categories. And maybe that's why Mr. Right hasn't appeared from the forest yet....because until I'm the person he's looking for and he's the person I'm looking for, it's not the right time for us to run into each other.
I know I say this a lot, but I really do believe that God uses this single time in our lives to make us into the right person for our spouse. But I think that we've got to work with Him here. We have to do our part. It's up to us to become the person that we're meant to be in order for this little puzzle to all fit together. And so I'm thankful for this time. Thankful to have the opportunity to figure out who it is that God is calling me to be--and thankful to know that once I do that, Mr. Right will be just around the corner and we ride off into the sunset and our future front porch swing.
6 comments:
Did you write this for me this morning? I love the quote. You always know exactly what to say and when to say it. This is great and I never realized that before! Way to make me think this morning, love! As always, you are a genius.
BOKG
Brilliant. Simply brilliant.
Very well written. And soooo true. God's time - not our time.
-College Roomie
Cute blog! I just started following!
Post a Comment