Thursday, October 20, 2011

Letters to Mr. Right: Letter #3

“I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world.” ~Thomas A. Edison

Dear Mr. Right,

I worry sometimes about how you're going to react to my guy friends.


Because I'm just going to tell you now that while I've been waiting on you to show up, they've really taken care of me.

They listen to my problems and always respond accordingly--by either letting me cry or telling me to stop being a girl. They send me flowers to celebrate the Day After Valentine's Day. They've danced with me at weddings so I would not be alone. They've shown up with Oreo ice cream and two spoons when the situation called for it. I've been inspired and encouraged and (only sometimes) annoyed to the point where I want to shake them. They've cooked me dinner on birthdays and bad days and on regular days. They've made me laugh until I've literally sprayed my drink all over everyone at the table, and at other times have held my hand and let me cry. They've told me to ignore people who were rude or stupid or just plain mean. And they assured me that you would come, and that when you did, they would probably not think you were good enough.

But you'll prove them wrong on that last point.

Waiting for that day,

Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Right will love your friends either male or female! He will love you so much that he would never consider not loving your friends!
~LOKG

Anonymous said...

He'll fit right in with the guys and they'll all get along great. You have good taste - and it shines through in your choice of friends (in my unbiased opinion, naturally).

-College Roomie

Cigar Heiress said...

I love this post. I waited a long time for my Mr. Right and if he loves you he will love them. If not, he's not Mr. Right!