Two years ago, 8 of my closest friends gathered in Texas to celebrate me turning the Big 3-0. Recently, while studying this photo from that event, I was amazed at what has happened since that November night in College Station.
First and foremost, the restaurant where the photo was taken has shut down. A moment of silence, please, for the loss of my favorite taco bar, La Bodega.
And the girls smiling at the camera? They probably hardly recognize themselves.
There have been 5 weddings. 7 babies. 5 houses purchased. 2 major moves. 3 new jobs. Dreams have come true, trips have been taken, hairstyles have changed.....but through it all, the friendships have remained.
Life can sweep you up like a whirlwind. One minute you are sipping shakers eating tacos, the next you are up at 2 in the morning writing blog posts while rocking your baby to sleep. But when you find your tribe--friends who will stand by you through it all--you have to hang on tight.
Thanks to my tribe. Here's to the next 2 years being even better!

3 comments:
Love this! So happy so much joy has been brought to these ladies in these two years, you included!
Such a great weekend with such wonderful people! I am so thankful to be a part of this tribe!
I love this. I was just thinking about doing a post like this when I was home for Thanksgiving with my college friends. It's amazing how many things can change over time but the important things stay consistent.
Post a Comment