11. Stretch marks.
Oh, the stretch marks! I know (hate) some people who don't get them. I made up for all of those people and have a tummy covered in these dang things. I put on lotion, I exercised, I gained exactly what I was supposed to and lost the baby weight by 3 weeks post partum. Didn't matter. And I have yet to find a cure. I just tell myself it's a small price to pay and I probably don't really need to be in a 2 piece swim suit anymore anyway.
12. Personal stuff.
There are lots of strange things your body does, especially at the end of a pregnancy. And while I refuse to share details on a public blog forum, if you have any questions I am happy to answer them, or at least share my experience!
13. Hips like a grandma.
I cannot tell you how many times I said to The Boy from Texas "my hips are killing me." I sounded like a dang nursing home! But I had a hard time with pain in my hips, particularly at night, which made sleeping nearly impossible.
14. Aforementioned impossible sleep.
I wanted to punch the next person who told me to enjoy sleep now and rest up while you can. I didn't sleep for crap for at least the last trimester. Between killer heartburn, hip pain, and having to pee every 5 minutes, it was a disaster. You are supposed to sleep in your side. So whatever side I was laying on, that hip would cramp up after about 30 minutes, causing me to wake up to roll over, waking up would cause me to have to pee, so I would end up waddling to the bathroom and by the time I got back settled in, the routine started over again. I kid you not when I say I am more rested now even up for midnight feedings than I was then.
15. Tears and hormones.
Your emotions are basically taken over by something (or someone) else. I am not a crier and in comparison to some other people I know I didn't get very bad. But the one thing I do know is I could not watch any video of a soldier coming home without weeping. Random, I know. Good news? You just think pregnant hormones are bad. Wait for what The Boy from Texas calls the post partum roller coaster ride.
16. Doctors are liars.
"Oh, I think you are going to go into labor any day now! We won't even have to talk about inducing," I was told at 35 weeks. We induced at 40 weeks. "You will only have to push for like 30 minutes." Forceps got him out after 4 hours of that joy. My dad says they tell you this so you don't jump off a bridge because of the truth. Maybe so.
3 comments:
To be fair, I don't think all doctors are liars. Most doctors want what is best for you and baby. They probably thought all those things were true, but they would be wise to refrain from saying it because as you learned, it isn't always true!
Stretch marks- I want to have the laser treatments to remove them (I don't have them yet but based on genetics, I know they are coming.....) but I think I will wait until we are done having kids. However, I am fine with the no 2 piece situation. Dave always wants me to wear a 2 piece- and sometimes its more comfortable to wear a once piece. Funny thing is when it comes to normal dress, he wants me to dress modestly - and thinks all girls should dress modestly - but for some reason, he hates one pieces - thinks that they look old ladyish. So basically, based on his views, I should be modest until I go to the pool haha! But now, with stretch marks, I think I can win this debate haha.
I may have to get the gory details for you later - although thanks to friends and sisters, I think I know many already!
Also, I, too, currently cry at everything.
I love your face in week 36 haha.
Post a Comment