Tuesday, November 3, 2015

15 in '15 List Update: September and October

Well.  It turns out having a newborn makes keeping up with a list near impossible.  There was not much done for several weeks, but we are back on track now!  Here's the update.

Summary (for those of us keeping score):
I've completed 7/15 items.
I've made at least some form of progress on 15/15 items.

Here are the details.

1.  Visit 2 new states.  COMPLETE!

Prior months recap:  Georgia (January), Iowa (April), Minnesota (April)

---

2.  Print Instagram photos in Chatbooks.  COMPLETE!

They are happily on my coffee table waiting for visitors.
---

3.  Read 12 more books.  (5/12 complete).

Prior months recap:  Bittersweet by Shauna Niequist (February), St. John Paul the Great by Jason Evert (March), Before Amen by Max Lucado (April).

Haven't read a thing.  I've really got to get on this one.
---

4.  Run another half marathon.   Complete a post-baby 5K.  (Minor progress.)

I'm back to running again and it's SLOW going.  But, it's going.  You take what you can get, I've learned.

---

5.  Take a fun trip for The Boy From Texas' 30th.  COMPLETE!

We spent a few days at the beautiful Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruidoso, New Mexico.  If you missed the blog recapping the trip, click here!

---

6.  Plant flowers in our yard and the fun pots we got.  COMPLETE!

 ---

7.  Cook 52 more recipes in the Newlywed in the Kitchen series.  (21/52 completed).

Prior months recap:  5 through end of February; 10 through the end of April, 14 through the end of June; 19 through the end of August.

The last two months I've added the following recipes:  crockpot chicken and stuffing and apple crumble.


---

8.  Finish Uncle Black Belt's book.  (Some progress made).

Prior months recap:  As of April, we had Chapters 1-4 finished and were just starting editing on Chapters 5 and 6.

Uncle Black Belt has been editing and adding to, he's sending me the updated version any day now, so hopefully we can keep moving on this.

---

9.  Complete one Bible.com study a month.  (8/12 completed.)

Prior months recap:
January:  New Day, New You by Joyce Meyer.
February:  Breathe Spiritual Passion into Your Marriage by Gary Thomas.
March:  Praying for your Elephant - Praying Bold Prayers
April:  Discerning God's Will
May:  Hope
June:  Assurance
July:  The Lies of Busyness:  Devotions from Time of Grace
August:  Using Your Time for God

I didn't manage to keep up with this one (clearly didn't learn enough from "Using Your Time for God" eh?  Will double up the next two months to be sure and get 12 completed.
---

10.  Complete 5 Pinterest projects (other than recipes).  COMPLETED!

Prior months recap:  Plant a ceramic pot garden (April), Plant a mixed plant pot (April), Send a birthday box to a friend (May), Make lavender bunches (June), baby folders (August).

I've actually managed to complete 6 projects....over achiever!  I made some really easy homemade stain remover.  I'd read great reviews and wanted to try it myself.  I am happy to report it works great!


---

11.  Knock off three more bucket list checkmarks. COMPLETE!

Prior months recap:  Meet a blog friend in person (January); Stay at the Inn of the Mountain Gods

Going to go ahead and call having a baby a bucket list checkmark.  Women should get multiple checmarks for that nonsense!



---

12.  Order books/prints/canvases of our wedding photos.  COMPLETE!


---

13.  Listen to the New Testament.  (Minor progress made).

Prior months progress:  Matthew 1-10.

I have got to get this in gear.  

---

14.  Pray Novenas for 12 friends and send them notes to tell them about it.  (8/12 completed).

Prior months progress:
January:  Novena to St. Anne for a friend suffering through infertility.
February:  Novena to St. Joseph for my single friends.
March:  Novena to St. Patrick for my friend and her growing family.
April:  Divine Mercy Novena for another good friend expecting a little one and a friend diagnosed with cancer.
May:  Novena to the Infant of Prague for two friends struggling with infertility.
June:  Divine Mercy Novena for a good friend going through a stressful time.
July:  Novena to St. John Paul II for a friend taking the bar exam.  Happy results...she passed!
August:  Novena to St. Joseph for a friend whose husband was looking for a job.
September (that month is a blur after giving birth, so I doubled up in October!)

October: Novena to Sts. Louis and Zelie Martin for a friend having a baby.
October:  Divine Mercy Novena for a friend who lost his brother.

---

15.  Organize my pictures.  (Minor progress.)

The Boy from Texas assisted me and got all of the photos from my iPhone onto my computer.  Gotta start somewhere!

1 comment:

Brianne said...

You're doing really great with this list!