College roomie and I were having a chat tonight and an interesting topic came up. If you had a chance to take a quick peak into the future, would you do it?
I've heard lots of people say they wouldn't.....that they would not want to know and want the surprise and want to just see where life takes them. Some people say that they'd rather just enjoy the ride and not know where the destination is.
Yea, I think those people are crazy.
If I got the chance to look, I totally would. Think about how much easier things would be. If you could at least know something simple like who you were married to or where you were living or what job you were doing...that would be one area in your life you wouldn't have to worry about anymore.
For example, if your glimpse showed you that you were married to guy A, then you wouldn't sweat about whether or not you should be dating guy B....or more applicable to my life, if you'd ever find a guy of any letter in the alphabet! P.S.--if you know guy A, send him my way! ;)
Now let me clarify a little bit. I don't want to see everything. I don't really want to see very much. A movie trailer would probably be more than I want.
I'm thinking of just seeing one still shot. Remember those things we had when we were kids that you put the round card into with the little tiny slides? Then you looked in and you could see one of the slides, and if you pulled the lever, you could flip to the next one. My grandma had one at her house and I spent hours playing with that thing. That's what I want for the future---one of Gran's little slide viewers to see one frame.
So, question to the blog audience....would you want your sneak peak?
6 comments:
I am not sure that I would want to see a peek into the future...
but this post totally reminds me of a new(ish) show on ABC-- Flash Forward. I've never seen it, but I'm pretty sure this is exactly what it's about! It looks good...might be worth checking out.
http://abc.go.com/shows/flash-forward#
Yes, I would definatly want to see! It would be nice to not worry! I would really like to know if I am going to be single forever, so I can just go on with my life and be okay with that instead of alway's stressing on weather or not I will meet Mr. Right! ~Sara
Absolutely. But less for knowing how things turn out and more for the knowledge of what to be wary of, what to slow down and enjoy, how to prepare for certain things, etc.
On those days when a person feels like they are floundering around it would be nice to have a bit of direction!
Jenn--I totally need to check that show out! I have seen previews, but haven't watched.
Sara--I agree! And you are way too fantastic to be single forever.
Laura--exactly! If you knew that a job or a house or a relationship wasn't going to work out, think of all the time you could save not worrying about it, because you'd know it didn't matter anyway!
This is a real cute entry! I'm one of those skeptics that wouldn't look forward...I enjoyed reading all your comments and opinions though.
Robyn~ when I wrote it, I figured you would be the one comment I would get from the other side! :)
Post a Comment