First off, let me promise promise promise you that I have a Family Farm Friday blog ready for next week! It was scheduled for today, but we have breaking news to discuss! You all probably already realize this....but my blog has a whole new look!
All of this is thanks to Lauren from Blue Lux Studio! Yay, Lauren! She has been working with me for a couple of weeks to get everything just right. I'm super excited about the new look and hope you enjoy it! (And if you are looking for a blog designer, I cannot recommend her highly enough!)
And now, to point out a few new features on our Boeing 747 aircraft...oops, wrong speech. I mean, I'll point out a few new blog features! :)
New Header: This is my favorite part of the new blog! Lauren incorporated a little country with the barnwood and some OSU orange in the title. I also included a few of my favorite pictures so you could get a glimpse of my life!
About Me: On the top right column, you can check out a short About Me section where I share some of my favorite things! (The picture there and in this post was shot by The Bride on my Chicago trip!)
My Wonderful Followers: Underneath the About Me section, you see my followers! I would LOVE for you to read my blog--even if I don't know you in "real life" please feel free to become a follower! I'd love to meet you! Not sure how? Here are simple instructions!
Buttons: Right under my followers, you will see three buttons that will take you to a few of my favorite blog categories---Meet the Cast, Family Farm Friday, and Photography Challenges. This way, you can look at all of the blogs for each of these themes in one place!
Blog Archive: Shifting over to toe lefthand column at the top, we have the Blog Arthive. To read any old blogs, you can look through the Blog Archives (arranged by date).
Categories: Right under the Blog Archive, you can click on a category to read all blogs about a particular topic! So, for example, if you want to know everything there is to know about Cousin Kevin, you just click right on that category and it will show you ever blog about him!
Blogs I Love: Underneath the Categories you will find "Blogs I Love" where I list some of my favorite blogs that I follow!
Search Engine: Last, but not least, is a google search engine underneath all of the Blogs I Love. This will allow you to run searches in all of my old blog posts for certain words!
Music: At the very bottom center of the blog, you will find my playlist. I've got a few of my favorite songs set on shuffle, so hopefully each time you visit, you'll catch a different tune!
Anyway, I am in love with this new design and I really hope you guys like it too! I am so flattered that other people read my rantings, so if you are a regular reader, thank you! If you are a new reader, welcome! As always, comments are welcome (and much enjoyed!) so have at it! If you don't have a google account, you can always comment as Anonmyous and just sign your name! Hope everyone has a great Friday! :)
7 comments:
OMG....I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new blog...is it too early for me to have a personal designed blog??
This looks fabulous! It is very you. Love love love it.
-CR
Thanks, ladies! Glad you enjoy it. Lyndse--it's never too early! :)
Love it!
Super cute new look to the blog, girl!! Lauren rocks!!
I was wondering how you found a blog theme SO perfect ;) LOVE what Lauren created for you!! Amazing way to kick off 2011. Hugs
Thanks, ladies! It was all Lauren---that girl has great talent!
Post a Comment