Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Dating Observations

"You have to figure ... if the world's fattest twins can find love, there's hope for all of us. Somewhere out there is another little freak who will love us, understand us, and kiss our 3 heads and make it all better." ~Carrie Bradshaw

Okay, I wasn't going to blog about this, but I feel like my observations are so wonderfully insightful, that I can't help but share them with the masses. (The odds are I just think I'm clever even though no one else will agree...)

A couple of weeks ago, there was a website that asked people to write blogs about their favorite singles. The idea was that perhaps some of the singles might be good matches, and this would be a good way for them to meet.

So....people would review all of the blogs and if they liked the guy/girl whom the blog was about, they could comment or email the writer, who could decide if she wanted to pass the info along to her single friend. Although I have never been into any sort of online dating (i.e. eHarm, Match.com), I somehow got caught up in the entertainment that this little website provided. One girl commented that looking at the blogs and comments was better than watching the Bachelor!


Anyway, I had a few observations that I wanted to share.

1. All single men apparently live in the south.....Texas, Louisiana, Georgia, Tennessee..... Which, ergo, means that they have awesome southern accents. On top of that, they all seem to love their families, Jesus, college football, country music, and babies. FYI: I'm renting the moving van last week.

2. There are infinently more single girls than single guys. If you are a single girl, this is not earth shattering news to you. I did not ever do the math, but my guess would be probably a 5-1 ratio of girls to guys. I have been trying to tell myself that this is only because this involves bloggers---and it's almost only girls who seem to blog. Please let me live in my fantasy land. Don't burst my bubble.

3. Every single on the website was holding a baby. At first, I thought they all had kids. But then I realized, that pretty much none of them were holding their own children. It was always a niece or nephew, or a friend's kid. I pondered this, but then realized that it was normall the guys' sister, or his best friend's wife who was posting the blog. Clearly, the only pictures that she has of the guys are the ones with her kids. This calmed me down a little because I don't plan to start popping out a bunch of babies anytime in the near future. Just saying.

4. It was amazing to read the kind, loving things that the bloggers said about their single friends. First off, I love that there are so many great people in the world. (Love even more that there are so many great single boys in the world!) Sometimes it's easy to get jaded and fall into the "all guys are jerks" or "all girls are crazy" mentality. Reading about these people and the awesome things that they do made me feel good about our generation. There were guys and girls on there who did amazing things, and I find that inspirational. Second, I love that so many people have friends/family who love them and want them to be happy so much that they will take the time to write a crazy personal ad-type blog for them. That's true friendship at its finest.

And, to answer the question that most of you have been asking since you started reading, no. Mr. Right apparently did not participate in this little game. Or if he did, he did not email me back when I commented! :)

6 comments:

Lyndse said...

I love your quote!! I have been telling you we need to move to Georgia, like ASAP.

Meghan said...

This is so interesting! I cannot believe so many posted pictures with kids - too funny!

Megan said...

Awwww, I didn't know anything about this! How fun!!

Claire Kiefer said...

Okay now I am dying to see this whole dating game--where was it in blogland?? And girl, I haven't found Mr. Right yet either--wishing us both luck! ;)

Courtney said...

I don't know much about the dating life in Georgia but I can confirm that the state of Georgia itself is awesome! I hope we never leave. Come on down!

Tiffany said...

Lyndse--right?? I LOVED that quote when I saw it!

Megan and Meghan--thanks so much for your comments!

Claire--yes ma'am...fingers crossed for us both! I'll email you the link!

Courtney---you and Steve need to scope out the single scene and maybe Lyndse and I will come visit! :)