Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who Doesn't Have Fun With These People??

"I have found that if you love life, life will love you back." ~Arthur Rubinstein

Okay, this isn't a Throwback Thursday blog, but it relates to a Throwback Thursday from a couple weeks ago.

So, here we go: first off, who doesn't have fun with these people?? (I'll let you guess based on the facial expressions....)

You read previously about our Family Ski Trip to Red River. Everyone had an amazing time, except for Quiet Cousin's Girlfriend. I don't say this because I think she had a bad time.....no, no....she actually told me she did. We were all out on New Year's Eve so I asked her if she was having a good time on the trip.....that was my attempt at being friendly. She said, "No." I was shocked....first off, who doesn't understand that the socially acceptable response in that situation is to lie and say that things are good?

Secondly, who doesn't have fun with these people??
So anyway, I was sort of bothered about this for the rest of the weekend. And, because I'm nosey, I started watching her to analyze this situation further. She didn't talk to anyone, spent most of the time locked up in her room, seemed to take offense at anything someone said even when it was not offensive in the slightest, and basically just had a terrible attitude.

Now, this is probably no surprise to you....but I'd say that is the complete opposite of how I try to live my life. You know what, Quiet Cousin's Girlfriend? Every experience that you have is what you make it. If you come into something with a chip on your shoulder or a bad attitude or with an unwillingness to make the best of a situation, you're setting yourself up for a miserable time. And if you would at least try to enjoy the positives in a situation, and to look for the best in the people who you are around, you wouldn't need to lie when someone asks you if you are having a good time (not that she understood the need for that anyway).

I ask again...who doesn't have fun with these people??
So...I urge you not to be like Quiet Cousin's Girlfriend. She'll never get that time back and she wasted it by having a bad attitude. Don't waste your life locked up in a room alone because you don't make the best out of a situation.

Oh yea, and seriously, who doesn't have fun with these people??

P.S.: I can now report that Quiet Cousin's girlfriend has a new name. Quiet Cousin's Ex-Girlfriend. See what happens when you don't have fun??

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Haha! Love the PS!

Carley said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway!! Good luck!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the comments! And Kristin---I was pretty proud of the P.S. myself! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Several of us are relieved that she is an "X"