Monday, March 8, 2010

My Dream Jobs!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

So I was thinking last week about dream jobs. Not the semi-realistic ones that I might actually be working towards......those aren't as exciting. Sure, I have goals about the things I'd like to be doing in 10 years or whatever, and I feel like I'm doing what I can to work toward those. But if we're blogging about true DREAM jobs.......I have three.

Back up singer for George Strait (current girl living my dream....Marty Slayton)
(Small problem....I can't sing. Surely if I could get this job, I'd learn!)

Sigh. I'm not even sure where to start. What I know, from the George Strait concert I attended a couple weeks ago, is that for two hours every night, this girl gets to stand directly behind George Strait and sing. Not only does she get to hang out with George Strait on the road every day, but she gets more than a front row seat at every concert, and must have the best view of any job in America. Shoot, in the world! Apparently she's an aspiring singer herself, and she went on Nashville Star. She didn't win.....so she went back on the road with George. Sounds like a win to me!

ESPN sideline reporter (current girl living my dream....Erin Andrews)
(Small problem....I'm not a 6' tall, size two, former college dance team member. Surely if I could get this job, they could airbrush, right?)

Every week during college football season, I watch Erin Andrews and wish I could be her. Seriously, she always gets to travel to the best games, ever week, and watch from the sidelines. Here's a little idea.... Talk about a dream come true for me! Just that would be enough, but she also gets to interview the coaches and the players, and she is always the first one with the breaking news about injuries or whatever else is going on. One of my best friends and I have talked before about how we think the best retirement would be to get motorhome and travel the country to all the best college football stadiums and games......Erin Andrews doesn't have to wait for retirement, she gets to do that right now, have better seats than we'll ever have, and get paid. It's just not fair! And....the worst. She's going on Dancing with the Stars. So if any of my readers know anyone at ESPN, tell them if they need a fill in while she's dancing, or someone who would be focused on SPORTS instead of that nonsense, to give me a call!

Host of my own show on the Travel Channel (girl currently living my dream... Samantha Brown)
(Small problem....I get terrible motion sickness when I do travel. Surely if I got this job, they can edit that out?!?)

As you have probably guessed from reading my blog, I have the travel bug. Really bad! I don't know where it came from really. My parents are not big travelers at all, and growing up we rarely went on trips. I didn't get to travel out of the US until I was in law school. Wherever it came from, I have it and I love the idea of traveling all around the world! On the Travel Channel, Samantha Brown gets paid to do exactly that--she goes to all the best places, coolest hotels, fanciest restaurants....all on the TC's dime. She gets paid to do what I dream about. WHY didn't I land this gig?? The idea that I could be paid to travel all over the world on someone else's dime....sigh. I feel that I may have missed my calling with this whole attorney thing!


So, I will probably, okay, definitely, never have any of these jobs. But a girl can dream, right??

4 comments:

crystal.cattle said...

These sound like fantastic dream jobs. The view from behind at a George Strait concert, might be as good as the front. hehe

www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

Tiffany said...

I know, right!?!? Lucky, lucky girl that Marty is!

RobynBeazley said...

This post cracks me up Tiffany! What you think about - your bring about. I KNOW you'll get your chance doing all 3 in your famous lifetime Tiffy.

Tiffany said...

I seriously doubt I'll get to do any of the three....but it is a lot of fun to think about! :) Luckily, I have a few dream jobs that are a bit more realistic and don't require me to learn to sing or be a former college dancer!