Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” ~ Rick Riordan, The Lightning Theif

Happy Wednesday!  Linking up with Jamie to share a few things that I'm loving...

1.  This blog that ND Friend sent me last week.  Talk about an amazing way to ring in a birthday.  Or even just a list of amazing things that you could do on a random Tuesday.  I love it.  Check it out.

2.  Blake and Miranda.  I missed the CMA's (I was at my birthday dinner) but caught up on them this weekend.  Did y'all see Blake and Miranda win song of the year for Over You, which they wrote together about Blake losing his brother in a car accident when he was 14?  Their acceptance speech was precious.  I just love them.

3.  This idea called Hope for the Homeless.  I got a little choked up just reading it.  You guys know that I struggle with how to respond to homelessness, and I just love this idea.  I'm going to be hitting up Target this week to make up some of these packages!  On this note, I've mentioned before that I try and pray for those for whom no one prays.  Just something to think about if you want to join in.

4.  This girl is Stillwater bound!  That's right...Friday night I'm headed to Oklahoma to meet up with Loud Oklahoma Girl to cheer on our Pokes against the Red Raiders on Saturday and to run the second leg of a marathon relay on Sunday morning.  My training has not gone well (as in I've not really done it....) so those may be a L-O-N-G five miles.  But my guess is that we'll still have a great weekend!
A sea of orange...a sight for sore eyes!
5.  These shadow boxes.  I absolutely love them and want to make a bunch from my travels....Costa Rica, Rome, Switzerland, Mexico, San Francisco, New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, Notre Dame....I could have a whole wall full!  I can't figure out how to make the letters though.  Anyone craftier than me want to help?


6.  Back in the Day by Brantley Gilbert.  Check it out.



7.  This blog that collects 13 lessons we learned from Mr. Feeny on Boy Meets World.  Man, I loved that show.  Seriously, I don't think I ever missed an episode.  I am beyond excited about the rumor that a sequel--with Corey and Topanga all grown up--is in the works!

8.  Uno Semana.  One week until Cousin Swiss Mister arrives and we head back to the ranch for Thanksgiving.  It's going to be epic!
Me and CSM at a water fall in Costa Rica

8 comments:

K said...

I love shadow boxes. I am by no means a crafty person, but I've used scrapbook paper as backing and/or lettering. The following link has samples:

http://store.scrapbook.com/theme/san+francisco.html

You can use stickers, too, which has the name of the city.

K said...

Couldn't edit my first comment and wanted to include an idea I saw on Pinterest: using the map of the place you visited as backing for a picture frame. You could probably use it for a shadow box, too,

Anonymous said...

I'm loving your loves this pretty Wednesday :) As for your letters you could print off scenery pictures that you took while visiting all of these great places then cut letters out of that paper. I would use a white scrap book type paper it is a little thicker. As for the letters you can get those things that punch letters out, purchase some letter stencils, or find someone that is great with bubble letters to trace them for you to cut. You got this project and I can't wait to see pics of the finished product.

PS: I get to see your pretty face in two days!!

~LOKG

Unknown said...

You will most definitely need a Stillwater frame. ;) Come see me when you are in town.

Anonymous said...

I didn't read the comments above, so someone may have already suggested this. My recommendation on the letters for the boxes would be to buy stencils (probably 2 or 3 inches would be good, depending on how big of a shadow box you're using), make duplicate pictures from that city, and use the stencils to cut the letters out from those pictures. I've also seen a map used for the letters (eg: use a San Francisco map to cut out the letters for that city). Those will be really cute - good luck, Miss Crafty.

-College Roomie

Nicole said...

Blake and Miranda are THE cutest, I swear. And thanks for the song suggestion! I'm always looking for more :) Especially country!

Rachel Easley said...

Stopping by from WILW...I love your LOVES!

Crystal Cattle said...

i would look for scrapbook paper or magazine pictures and then stencil out the letters. I think the shadow boxed would look great. I usually buy mine from Hobby Lobby since they go on sale often or your can find coupons online.
www.crystalcattle.com