“Life is about moving, it’s about change. And when things stop doing that they’re dead.” ~Twyla Tharp
My life has been a total and complete whirlwind over the last couple of weeks. I've been updating you
via my daily photographs, but I wanted to share some of the awesome things that have been going on in more detail!
A Surprise Party
College Roomie got me. She got me good. She threw me my first ever real surprise party. (She threw me one or two more in college, but she always let me in on the secret and I just acted surprised. We were cool like that.) But this time she and McCain picked me up to go to dinner at Casa de Benevidez, this Mexican food place in town that College Roomie raves about. No, seriously, she's even blogged about their sopapilla burger. Anyway, we walk in and I see one of my friends from law school and her husband. I think to myself, "Wow, what a coincidence." Then I glance around and see someone who looks like my friend Miss Texico. I looked back and realized it was Miss Texico and Pharmer Girl. At this point, being the genius I am, I still don't get it, and say, "This is amazing, I know everyone here!" And then it snapped. College Roomie had gathered up 15 of my friends for a surprise going away party. It was perfect! (You can read her recap of the events
here.)
The Cowboy Rides Away Tour
George Strait. Final concert tour. Cousin Whitney, Aunt Evil Kineval, Aunt Delta Dawn, and three of their best friends. Honestly, words don't do this event justice. We seriously had the best time. George was amazing, as you would expect. He played for over two hours and still left out a ton of his great songs. College Roomie figured out that if he played just all of his number ones (mind you, that is just the #1s and would leave out songs like Amarillo By Morning) he would have had to play for like 36 hours or something insane! Listening to the 1.5 hours that he did play (which included lots of his old hits, was the perfect way to spend a Saturday!)
 |
| Me and the aunts. |
 |
| The whole group. |
 |
| Me and Cousin Whitney waiting for the action to begin. |
 |
This lucky $#&@& has the best job in America...she gets to stand behind
George every single night and listen to him sing. |
 |
| George and Martina singing "Jackson" |
 |
| Where the Cowboy Rides Away. |
A Bridal Brunch
College Roomie is seriously one of the classiest people I know. She's a total Audrey Hepburn. So when she had a bridal brunch, I knew that it would be amazing. And it was. My favorite part was when her Aunt Jewel was explaining to one of the groom's friends how the family tree worked. When she got to me, she said, "That's Tiffany. She's, well, she's just my niece." (Mind you, we're not blood related, but I love the fact that I've been adopted into the fold!)
One of the things that I have been most excited about my move was the fact that College Roomie offered to road trip with me to Texas when I went down for the first time. I was seriously beyond excited about this event! We used to road trip back and forth to OSU all the time, so we totally got to re-visit those memories. We stopped in Amarillo for lunch with Sister Lisa (College Roomie's little sis) and The Boy from Texas. And then we continued on for another 8.5 hours in the car where we ate ice cream, analyzed life, discussed every relationship that you can imagine, listened to old school cds (yes, that's right, cds, not iPods), and generally had a blast. There is nothing like 13 hours in a car with your best friend! The road trip ended when we arrived in Texas and I got to see my new house!
Show Lamb Sale
Next up was my family's annual show lamb sale. You've read about those sales before
here and
here. This year was our best sale yet. Even with all of the work and stress and dirt, I have to say that these are usually three of my favorite days of the year. Getting to visit with old friends and look at lambs.....you really can't beat it!
2 comments:
You have been a busy girl! Can't wait to see more pics of your new house!
I have totally monopolized your time over the past month! Great catch up! You have been so busy.
-College Roomie
Post a Comment