How is it that I managed to fail to blog about Christmas? No idea. I'll tell you this much, working for a university and getting 2 weeks off for Christmas? Potentially the best present ever. No lie, it was amazing! Here's a little recap in pictures.
 |
| The traditional pre-church photos |
 |
By this point, my father was exhausted from so many pictures and apparently needed to sit down. |
 |
This was Little Brother giving Little Cowboy the obligatory father's "We have to do chores before we can open presents" speech. |
 |
| The boys opening their toolboxes that my mom got for them. |
 |
| Jenga Boom got pretty serious. |
 |
I wore my Tiffany's ring from Super Mom and ND Friend to bag check sheep. Pretty sure that has never happened before....they should put me in an ad. |
 |
My mom comes out to ask if this dress looked okay for church. Little Cowboy responded, "Actually, you look just like the windows in the church." |
 |
At the airport, in line at the Mexican food restaurant, I randomly ran into King of Capitol Hill! |
 |
| I hung out with Little Cowboy and Katie Elder. |
 |
| The Boy from Texas helped his nephew open presents. |
 |
| Then Little Cowboy wore him out. |
 |
| The Boy from Texas with his sisters and nephew. |
 |
| Little Cowboy branded his first calf. |
 |
And we spent New Years Eve in the hot tub with our friend who has apparently never been given a blog name (not sure that's possible) who shall now be called Sweet Talker. |
And I saved the best for last. Since we went to Vegas for the NFR a few weeks earlier, The Boy from Texas and I agreed that we would only spend $30 on gifts for each other.
So I, being a believer in keeping promises, stuck to that plan and tried to be creative. I got him an NRA Christmas tree ornament to commemorate our first date at the NRA Banquet, which I really do need to blog about one day. I also wrote him a box of "open when" letters. I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was awesome. You write like 10 cards for him to open at various times. So for example, one was "open when you have just put me on an airplane" and another was "open when you are having a rough day."
And then it was time to open my present. Out pops this baby.
Um.....SOMEONE cheated on the $30 limit. He really didn't apologize much and I really didn't complain much. According to TBFT, this is the only orange Dooney and Bourke bag you could buy in the Texas Panhandle.
The Boy from Texas 1. Tiffany 0.
5 comments:
Boys are slow. He probably misread 30 as 300....
but seriously I am impressed he was able to do this on his own. Dave requires me to send him links of any clothing, jewelry, etc I might want. He would be lost without my help! way to go boy from texas!
Looks like a great break from "school" and you were busy! And that picture doesn't quite do the bag justice...good job TBFT!
Nice job, TBFT!!! You've got a keeper if he picks out that great of a present, regardless of "rules!"
The chores picture made me laugh because growing up we'd get the "we can't do presents until the cows have been milked" every Christmas Eve.
We have learned two valuable lessons: he's a keeper and you'll be responsible for managing the budget. :)
-College Roomie
Post a Comment