For Christmas this year, Super Mom sent us an amazing jar of Spitz Bubon cookies. The Boy from Texas seriously devoured them in about 10 minutes and begged for more. Luckily, she had posted the recipe on her blog and I was able to whip up a batch. Not going to lie here....the prep time is not hard, but it fairly time consuming. But the end result is excellent! In addition to ensuring The Boy from Texas got his fill, we also gave these as Christmas gifts to a few folks.
The Boy from Texas Rating: 4
The Boy from Texas Comments: (1) What's in these things? (2) We need more, seriously call Super Mom, we need more now!
Super Mom's Spitz Buban
To see a detailed explanation (including pictures) go to The Fisk Files blog.
1 lb. butter softened to room temperature (do not soften in microwave)
1 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 C. flour + more to make dough workable (I always use at least 4 cups)
2 eggs (for egg wash)
Bread crumbs {I bought the Panko Original ones.}
Red plum jam {I couldn't find plum jam, so I went with apricot instead. I might have liked that even better.}
Powdered sugar
Mix butter, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Then add flour and knead dough until smooth. Roll out dough to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut with diamond cookie cutter and brush the top with beaten egg. Then dip in bread crumbs. Bake in a hot oven (375) for 8 minutes. You don't want them to brown. When completely cooled, spread plum jam between two cookies and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
{I couldn't find my rolling pin....it was in a box somewhere, so I used a glass. I also don't have a small cookie cutter, so I used the lid off of a spice jar. I'm a regular McGueyver over here.}




No comments:
Post a Comment