Last week, there was a massive wind storm that blew through our little town starting at about midnight. I'm serious, we are talking hurricane force winds here! Earlier that day, The Boy from Texas had been changing a light bulb and trying to eradicate a wasp next on the roof of our porch. He had left the heavy-duty ladder set up there to finish the next day.
Well, about 1 in the morning, the wind blew that ladder into our front door, making a series of loud crashes. It actually sounded like someone was shooting at the front door. We both woke up right away, and The Boy from Texas threw himself on me like you see cops do in the movies (or Joey did for his meatball sandwich during the ride along on Friends).
After the commotion died down and my heart stopped beating about 257 times a minute, I just laid there thinking about how lucky I am to have found this guy, such a great husband who is so chivalrous and protective. We should probably write a book on this, I thought. Smiling, I went right back to sleep.
Then, come about 7:00 that morning, I was awakened by that same husband asking me what I was making for breakfast and giving me a wet willie. Book deal sort of went out the window. Chivalry may not be dead, but it's not constant either.
And after I got done sternly informing him that was not the way I wanted to start my Saturday, I just laughed and thought, again, how happy I am to have found him. We're not perfect, our marriage is not perfect, but man alive.....we sure love each other and always have the best time together.
God bringing us together is the biggest blessing in my life, wet willies and all.





3 comments:
This is so cute. :) That's real life and real love, my friend. What a great couple you two make!
I'm glad he doesn't let you think he is perfect for too long....although you 2 are perfect for each other and I'm so happy for you!
I love this so much. You two sound so in love & like so much fun. I'm glad that y'all are ok!
Post a Comment