Chicken Stir Fry
1 pound chicken breast
Olive oil
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, crushed red peppers (optional)
About 5 cups mixed veggies (I like bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, squash, and cabbage)
Rice (I personally would make this with jasmine or brown rice. The Boy from Texas will only eat it with Uncle Ben's long grain rice medley. #marriageishard)
Stir fry sauce (I used Kikkoman, picture below.)
Put olive oil and chicken in a skillet. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until browned.
While chicken is cooking, steam veggies. (You can use a steamer, or you can just put a bit of water in the bottom of a sauce pan, put veggies on top, place a lid on and leave it over LOW heat for maybe 10 minutes or so.)
Put veggies into skillet with chicken and add Stir fry sauce. (I probably use 1/2 a bottle.) Allow to simmer on low heat. Add crushed red peppers for a little spice.
Prepare rice as directed on box.
Serve Stir Fry over rice.






No comments:
Post a Comment