Thursday, September 1, 2016

Newlywed in the Kitchen {2016} Recipe #8: Crispy Parmesean GarlicChicken

"Now that is how you cook chicken."

As soon as The Boy from Texas uttered these words, I knew this was a recipe I had to share.  Add to that the fact that BB ate an entire chicken breast, and it can be done in about 30 minutes...well, it's obviously a new family favorite around here!

Crispy Parmesan Garlic Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use the thin cut ones)
1/4 C melted butter
1 T garlic powder
1/2 C bread crumbs (I used Italian style)
1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese (I actually used a Parmesan/Romano mix)
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t parsley

Preheat oven to 425 and line or spray baking pan.

In a shallow bowl combine melted butter and garlic powder.  In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, shredded cheese, oregano, and parsley.

Dip chicken into butter and then coat with breadcrumb mixture.

Place on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked throughout and not pink. (I did mine about 25 minutes and flipped them in the middle.)



*Now....this is actually part of a larger recipe that includes pasta Alfredo to go along with it.  We thought the Alfredo sauce was okay, not spectacular and I added some broccoli...which I think the boys both spit out and only I ate.  If you want that part of the recipe, click here.  When I make it again, I'll just do the chicken and then pair it maybe with rice or a baked potato or salad or something.*

1 comment:

Brianne said...

There is not a word in the title of the chicken that didn't make me say OMG I want that! Lol I pinned it & can't wait to try it.