This is the question that four guys ask each week on the MTV show, The Buried Life.
The premise if the show is simple.....these guys graduate from college, made a list of 100 things they want to do before they die, bought an old purple bus, and started traveling around the US doing the things on their list. The best part.....for everything they do on their list, they help a stranger do something on theirs.I've seen four episodes....so far they have crashed a party at the playboy mansion, made a toast at a stranger's wedding, tried (unsuccessfully so far) to play basketball with President Obama, and told a joke on late night tv. While doing so, they have purchased a new computer for an inner city 5th grade class, helped reunite a father and his son after 17 years, helped 4 childhood friends go back to their summer swiming hole 50 years later, and made a blind man's wish of riding a horse come true. To watch my favorite eposide online, click here.
Now I know that not all of us can quit our jobs, buy a bus and start traveling around the country...even though we might wish for that sometimes! But we can all make a decision to live our lives to the fullest anytime we have the chance. And we can all try to help other people.
So if there is something you've always dreamed of doing, start working towards it. Maybe it is expensive and you need to start saving 20 bucks a month for the next 5 years....that's okay, just start doing it. It's a great feeling to accomplish a goal that you've been able to set! And maybe we can't all help someone make their biggest dream come true, but we can all help someone in small ways.
Seems funny that these four, unemployed 20 something year old guys have life figured out....but I think they do.




2 comments:
OOO I love this show too! I love how they show just regular people and hear what they would want to do. My favorite was a guy who said he wanted to give everyone a pair of shoes, that way he could be the sole of the world!
It's my new favorite show! I haven't seen the one with the shoe guy....but I'll be watching to hear him say that! The one this week about the blind guy who just wanted to ride a horse was great...I almost cried when he realized what was going on and started petting the horse!
Post a Comment