Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Mouths of Seniors

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." ~Author Unknown

I love old people. Always have. I know a lot of people dread aging, but I look forward to being an old lady. One of the main reasons: they can say whatever they want and it's funny and cute. I think old people say the best things. When we're young, we have to use a filter. But old people? They get to say whatever they want!

One of the Oklahoma Girls got a new job (yay!) where she works in a physical therapy office. She emailed me a funny story about what one of the old men who comes into the office said. Of course, a light bulb went off and I told her to make me a list of them for the blog! Here we go....
  • Oklahoma Girl: Mr. G you are dressed very nice today, I love your shirt(its a pink paisley shirt, very in style).
    Mr. G: I would sure hope you like it, I have had it since 1978.

  • There is a little old lady whose husband, Mr. W, just drops her off then comes and picks her up. Oklahoma Girl asked him, "Where do you go everyday when you drop her off?"
    He replied, "Well I go to Lowe's the expect me there, if I am not there, I let them down...and they really don't appreciate it."
  • Mr.G.: "My wife said she needed to go on a diet. I told her, listen you are 90 yrs. old, you can eat whatever damn thing you want."

  • Oklahoma Girl: "Good morning Mrs. J., where is your husband at today."
    Mrs. J.: "Do you think I need him to drive me all the time? I can drive myself you know, I ain't blind."

1 comment:

RobynBeazley said...

Nice! Curious - should Mr. W be driving?