Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Photos of the Week

"A good snapshot stops a moment from running away." ~Eudora Welty

Okay, we have some house cleaning to do today before we get to the blog.

First off, no one (mom, dad and Loud Oklahoma Girl) panic because there is not a Family Farm Friday blog this week. I am not doing away with the theme, but I just might not post something every week. As soon as I get my new scanner up and running, I've got some great ideas!

Secondly, I have breaking news to announce (that is unrelated to the rest of this blog post).....The Blonde Oklahoma Girl has FINALLY started her own blog titled, I Was Born a Red Dirt Girl!! Click here to read it and to become a follower. I can't tell you how excited I am about this!

And finally, back to the point of today's blog...The Bride is a bad influence on me. She has taken up photography. And she has an awesome camera that she uses to take amazing pictures! The Bride is one of those people who does nothing halfway---I can assure you that she's read more books on cameras and photography and picture taking tips than just about anyone! She has joined several photography challenges and has inspired me to take part in a couple of my own!



The first is called Memories Dreams and Reflections. It was this post by The Bride that convinced me that I needed to start a photography challenge. Her pictures were just amazing! I think that the post intended you to use pictures that you had taken in 2010, but whatever...I'm going to try and photograph one of the 25 themes every week until I have shot each one!

The second challenge I found is The Weekly Photography Challenge. For this one, you take a picture a week that fits with the theme given to you.

The third is a Flikr group that has a weekly challenge, but there is no theme. My plan for this one is to upload some of the pictures I've taken previously, instead of taking new pictures (like I plan to do for the other two!)

So....each Sunday I will post my "Photos of the Week" for you to see! Don't be expecting anything great here. I'm starting out with my plain ol' point and shoot camera to see if photography is something that I enjoy before I invest in an expensive camera. But I do love pictures and I'm excited to have a reason to carry my camera around and look for fun things!


Hopefully, we'll all enjoy this little project!

2 comments:

Kristin (That Bride) :) said...

Yay for photography! Glad you're hopping on board with a few different ideas, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for all your help in answering my five million questions! I'm so glad that you are an expert! :)