Sunday, October 9, 2011

Photos of the Week: Week 40

Okay, seriously, can you guys believe we've been at this photo thing for 40 weeks? Time flies, huh? Well several of the photos this week give you a little taste of part of my weekend at the Balloon Fiesta. You'll hear more about that on Tuesday. For today, just enjoy the photos.



Theme: Autumn (Quotography)


I realize that for most of you guys, when you think of autumn, you don't think of hot air balloons. But when you live in New Mexico, the two go right together. Starting in about September, you'll start seeing balloons in the sky every morning. And during the balloon fiesta, there are literally hundreds of them in the sky. It's amazing! To see the other entires, go to My Perspective.


Theme: Autumn

Well since I already explained this above, I don't have much to add. I shot this picture from the balloon fiesta field this morning about 7:00. Amazing. Check out the other entries at LEM.


Theme: Colors

Well I was in the right place for this theme! I really liked this shot of the balloons taking off from the field. So many beautiful colors in the fall sky!


Theme: Show Off Your Shot

I am seriously in love with this picture. I didn't realize it until I got home and got it on my computer, but I think it turned out awesome. Hot air balloons are crazy things, no? See the other shots at And Then She Snapped.


Theme: Brick Red (Project 64)

Everyone sick of balloon pictures? Well here is a red barn from Tennessee for y'all. You know how much I love old red barns, and this barnwood looks like the perfect shade of brick red to me! To see the other brick red photos, click here.


Theme: Reflection


Dug back into the archive just a bit for this photo as well. I shot this at the river just down the road from our house over Memorial Day as the sun was going down. I love the reflection of the sun on the water.

21 comments:

RobynBeazley said...

I LOVE the hot air balloon pictures!! SO excited that you got to take it in ;)

Jan n Jer said...

Gorgeous hot air ballonns...what a feeling that must be to go up in one!

Anonymous said...

Love the hot air balloon pictures!! Great job capturing the colors - the crisp air - the heat - and even the excitement of the Balloon Fiesta.

-College Roomie

One said...

Different and lovely! I didn't think of hot air balloons when I thought of Autumn. I thought of ducks. :)

Anonymous said...

Love all the shots and being as I had to work every day the balloons actually went up, it was good to see some close ups. =) The barn is a perfect link up for brick red.

Jennifer said...

Beautiful pictures and colors!

Living Life said...

I've always wanted to go up in a hot air balloon! Seeing them altogether floating in the sky is so pretty! Nice pics!

Lisa said...

I never tire of hot air balloon shots. I love them regardless of the season. Show Off Your Shot is amazing! We had a few in the air here last week while it was still warm. Old barn shots are a close second! :-)

Visiting from Quotography and P64. Great finds.

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Hot air balloons are so cool!

Unknown said...

I really want to go to this some day! I heard on the news hear in Colorado that there were a lot of delays this year because of wind, but it looks like you got some great shots!

Melanie said...

Wow! These are amazing. What a perfect place to take pics!

Ellie said...

LOVE your hot air balloon shots. I've always wanted to go up in one of them. They always look spectacular. :)

4 Lettre Words said...

These are truly amazing! LOVE that 3rd shot. WOW!

Cindy P said...

Beautiful pictures! Those hot air balloons are gorgeous and you did a wonderful job capturing them!

Seeing Each Day said...

All lovely pictures - really REALLY like your close up of the hot air balloon and the barn shot.

Tara said...

These are so neat! I have been wanting to go to a hot air ballon festival!!

EMily said...

Great pictures. I think my favorite one though, is of all the little balloons flying away in the air!

Carletta said...

Superb shots of the balloons! I think the third one is my favorite but they are all wonderful!
Love the red barn too - nice perspective.

Unknown said...

Your photos of all the balloons in the air are so cool!! The brick red barn is a beautiful photo as well. It looks so quiet and serene.

rachel said...

those hot air balloons are so cool, I bet they were fun to photograph! thank you for linking up!

Bel said...

Ohhhh I love the hot air balloons and your color brick find on a barn is a good one. :-)