Before we get to the photos, I have to give you guys some exciting updates.
First, remember my blog oh, 9 months ago, about the miracle baby that Teacher Friend and her husband were expecting? Well I'm happy to announce that the baby is here! Miracle Baby was born on Sunday afternoon and....drumroll please....it's a GIRL. Everyone is doing great. I can't think of a better example of the fruits of faith than this baby. On days when you are tired and frustrated and feel forgotten or like your answers may never come....know that God is faithful. And sometimes, that means sending little miracles our way! Oh, and rest assured that Aunt Tiffany has already sent a tutu. Hot pink, no less. :)
Second, #3, baby! That's right---my Cowboys are now ranked third in the nation! GO POKES! I can't wait to cheer you on in person this weekend against Baylor! (P.S. --Justin Blackmon is a scary looking dude!)
Third, one of the calves that we raised is for sale in an online club calf sale (meaning that 4-H and FFA kiddos will buy him and show him at the fair....if you didn't read my blog about the benefits of that activity, please click here!). If you want to check him out for yourself, just click here and scroll down to #124.
Okay, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming.
Theme: Texture (Quotography)
I actually took this picture a while back when I was home and forgot to download it onto my computer. I thought that the old wooden fence was perfect for "texture." I also loved the blue sky and big fluffy clouds. I thought this quote fit it pretty darn well. I blame my Gran for my love of old wooden fences...they were her favorite and when we were kids, she took lots of pictures of us climbing on this fence. See the other entries at My Perspective.
Theme: Gold (Project 64)
Okay.....I had to cheat a little big on this one. I tried to think of something gold to photograph this week, and when I was thinking about gold, I kept going back to the dome at Notre Dame. So back to the archives I went. I can't believe it's been almost a year since my amazing trip. I did a little fun editing and used this shot. I'm telling you guys, if you ever have a chance to visit the campus in South Bend...go. You won't regret it. To see the other gold photos, click here!Theme: Show Off Your Shot
I took this picture the same day as the wooden fence one above and it, too, was lost on the camera. So even though I didn't shoot it this week, I did find it this week, so I figured it counted. Love the blue sky! To see the other entries, go to "And Then She Snapped" on Wednesday!Theme: Foliage
No, sadly I wasn't back in Chicago last weekend. This baby is from the archives from last November too. I love this picture of "The Bean" which is really named Cloudgate (see the clouds reflecting?) in Millenium Park. Note the beautiful yellow leaves.




6 comments:
Love love love the mental image of Teacher Friend dressing the Miracle Baby in a PINK tutu.
Also like the fence picture.
-College Roomie
Love your calf, he’s so FLUFFY!
Dying to see The Bean!
And I can't really comment on your team being ranked number 3 now, since it's due to my Sooners forgetting how to play football on Saturday. Sad day.
All your shots are great, as usual! I really like the *texture* behind your fence shot. Tons of texture in both the country and in town. I cheated a little on my gold shot as well. :-) Absolutely love the reflection in "The Bean"!
That is certainly exciting baby news! HURRAY!
Love your show off your shot! I'm crazy about the bean pic as well
Post a Comment