Thursday, September 13, 2012

Letters To Mr. Right: Letter #13

"Pick me.  Choose me.  Love me."  ~Meredith Grey

Dear Mr. Right,

It's been engagement and wedding central around here. 


Sometimes I get frustrated when it feels like I'll be waiting forever.  But the idea that someone....you....would pick me out of all the girls in the world?  That makes my heart happy. 

You'll pick me, even though I shed all over the bathroom sink when I comb my hair.  Even with the wrinkles around my eyes and the scar on my leg and the extra few pounds around my waist.  Even though I'll freak out if you ever touch me with your bare feet.  Even though I talk far too loudly and too quickly when I get excited.  Even though I hate folding laundry and had to disconnect the smoke alarm in order to cook dinner and can't fall asleep with the tv on. 

Even though no one else has picked me in the last 28 years, you'll pick me.  And I'll pick you.  In the end, that's really all that matters.

Waiting for that day,

Me



*Linking up with Friday Letters.  Read the past 12 letters to Mr. Right here.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!

~LOKG

Ashleigh said...

That line from Grey's has got to be one of my all time favorites :)

Katy Robertson said...

how sweet. i love this. we all have "even though's..."

and he will have his own whole list of "even though's..."

even though i sometimes wear the same socks three days in a row or i eat pizza 4 times a week or i have no idea who nora ephron is.

although he is a boy, so I doubt he has written a list!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! It'll be the best pick of his life when he picks you. :)

-College Roomie

Lyndse said...

I don't think BOKG got married...if I did, I must of missed it. Check out the photo :)

Micah said...

I <3 this entry. So much.

Katy Robertson said...

PS I want a nickname. And actually I want to nickname all my friends now that I read your blog

Nicole said...

This is cute! I was 27 when I finally got married. I know how you felt! Seemed like everyone around me got married and some were on second and even third spouses and I still hadn't found one. But this is a very cute letter!

Jill said...

My friend Nicole sent me the link to your blog - she said your Letters to Mr. Right reminded her of me, and I have to say, after reading a few of them, that I do think you and I are in the same boat... ;)
Also, that line from Meredith? That's me. I have actually said that line, I think.
I hope you're right. I hope he's just out there, waiting to pick me.

Elle-Bo said...

Awesome post, Tiff. I love your perspective, and shall now adopt it as my own if that's alright!

The Unlikely Runner said...

I really like your honesty here. Plus I absolutely love that Meredith Grey quote! :)

Megan G. said...

This letter is awesome and so heartwarming and so true. The day you find Mr. Right will truly be a happy one!

Kaity B. said...

I love this :) I'm one of those irritating girls who recently got hitched (sorry), but I always thought I'd be the LAST of my friends to tie the knot. It's so weird!

Thanks for visiting from WILW- returning the love <3

Anonymous said...

love this.

Unknown said...

he will be worth the wait!

Following you now! Happy Friday!! Stop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello! :)

Nicole said...

My grandparents used to tell me all the time growing up, that they prayed for my future husband. I thought it was kinda crazy at the time and never thought about stuff like that, but wow am I sure thankful now!

I feel this way about kids right now...everyone around us is having them, and everyone is looking at us, just waiting for that announcement. It'll happen when it's supposed to-it's really not up to us :)

Anonymous said...

He's going to get a very special girl. :)
~Shawna