In case you missed Part I, click here. And the saga continues....
August 28, 2012. 5:45 pm. McCain calls and says he is changing up his proposal plan and it could cause some delay. I express the fact that I dislike delay. He says that the new plan will allow me to be involved in the proposal. Making it about me. Smart kid, he is. We formulate the new proposal plan and he says that we can aim to do it next week. We refer to College Roomie as "The Eagle" now. Every good secret plan needs code language. We were talking logistics, when he had to go because "The Eagle has landed in the driveway."
August 29, 2012. 7:25 am. McCain informs me that he called College Roomie's step dad and asked him to go for coffee. Only one problem. Her step dad did not know who was calling him. He told McCain that he had the wrong person. McCain had to say, "No, sir, this is McCain, you know, College Roomie's boyfriend?" Her step dad said, "Oh, good, I could not figure out why some random guy would call and ask me out for coffee." HA! McCain forgot to tell him not to tell College Roomie about the coffee plan. I voluntered to handle that.
August 29, 2012. 8:00 am. I leave the following voicemail for College Roomie's step dad. "Hey Step Dad, it's Tiff. Listen, I know that McCain called you this morning and I presume that you know why he wants to take you for coffee, but just to be safe here, you can't say anything to College Roomie. McCain forgot to tell you, so I told him I'd call and tell you to keep your mouth shut. So....keep your mouth shut. And let's have dinner soon!" I've got to do everything around here.
August 29, 2012. 3:05 pm. McCain informs me the coffee meeting will happen tonight. He further informs me that the project he was working on for the proposal has been completed. Monday will be the night of the Eagle. My job is to get College Roomie out of the house. I ask him what we'll do if she does not want to go out to dinner. He says he does not know. I say, "Dont' worry, I'll fake a nervous breakdown and she'll come out with me. I'll cry if I have to." He's lucky to have me involved.
August 29, 2012. 6:30 pm. McCain convinced the step dad to give him permission to marry College Roomie. Good work, since this morning he did not even know McCain's name! I asked what McCain said to the step dad. I stopped him half way through because he made me cry. I'm becoming some sort of sap. We're planning on Monday for the big event. Oh, and step dad said that I was talking so fast in the message I left him telling him not to tell College Roomie about the coffee meeting that he didn't know who I was either. Ha!
August 30, 2012. 2:00 pm. I text College Roomie and ask if we can do dinner on Monday night. No response.
August 30, 2012. 5:00 pm. Text message from McCain: "The Eagle flies on Monday." I text back, "The Eagle will not return my text message about dinner."
August 30, 2012. 6:15 pm. I call College Roomie to ask about dinner on Monday. No answer. I leave a message. She's going to feel real bad for ignoring me come Monday when she figures out what's going on.
August 30, 2012. 7:17 pm. I almost hit "publish" instead of "save" on this blog. Holy crap. Be careful, Tiffany!
September 2, 2012. 5:45 pm. I got the following text from McCain: "You may get some resistance to dinner on Monday. She is talking about wanting to stay in." Shoooooot. She's already making this wedding stuff complicated. Bridezilla in the making?
September 2, 2012. 6:00 pm. I text College Roomie to confirm we are going OUT for dinner tomorrow night. She confirms, but asks if McCain can come along. I think, "No. He can't. He has to set up for your proposal you silly girl!" Of course, I couldn't say that.
September 2, 2012. 6:30 pm. I text back saying we need to have some girl time to talk about boy troubles and it would be strange if he was there. I said we could meet up with him after dinner at their house for ice cream. This should have raised suspicion for two reasons. (1) I have no boys with whom to have troubles. (2) She knows good and well that I've said more inappropriate stuff in front of McCain than any poor dude should have to hear. But she bought it. Whew.
September 2, 2012. 7:00 pm. She confirms dinner. The Eagle flies on Monday.
September 3, 2012. 11:35 pm. McCain cannot get away to give me the item I need in order to help with the proposal. We hatch a plan that when I pick her up, I will ask to borrow his Con Law book and that the necessary item will be hidden inside. We so could have run something like the underground railroad with this level of sneakiness.
September 3, 2012. 5:00 pm. T-minus 1 hour. I take a shower to look cute in the post proposal photos. I'm getting nervous. What if I cry before it's time to cry? What if I slip and say something at dinner? There is a reason why girls don't do this!
September 3, 2012. 6:00 pm. I arrive to retrieve The Eagle. We go to dinner. I drag it out until McCain texts me the green light to come back by telling College Roomie every. single. detail. about my weekend in Stillwater. I mean, things like, "And then we went to the Penny where Blonde OSU Girl ordered a Michelob Ultra and Loud Oklahoma Girl ordered....." you get the idea. She probably thought I was crazy. At one point, she brought up the fact that she thought McCain might propose next spring, close to their anniversary. I bit my lip so hard it bled. She was so clueless.
September 3, 2012. 7:35 pm. We head back to College Roomie's house. She says, "Shouldn't we stop for ice cream?" I said, "No, let's go by your house first" and just kept on talking about other things to distract her. But I ended up distracting myself and took a wrong street. I said, "Where did your house go?!?!" She said, "It's still one street over like it always is." Nerves may be getting to me.
September 3, 2012. 7:40 pm. We pull up at College Roomie's house. She asks why we had to come there first. I hand her the book as I was instructed. She reads half of it, and begins to cry. I cry. She says, "What is going on? How long have you known about this?" I said, "Just keep reading!" She finishes the book, and says, "What do I do now?" I tell her, "Go inside, and leave your to go box here. You may need your hands." And then said, "Don't forget about me out here in the car waiting!"
Will she say yes? Will she yell at me for lying? Will I die of a heart attack waiting in the car? Stay tuned tomorrow for the completion of our trilogy, written by College Roomie herself!





9 comments:
OMG the one morning I actually wear make up to work and now am crying it all off! Love the car pics of sweet college roomie! So excited for the ending of the trilogy tomorrow!
~LOKG
I LOVE this. You are so funny and such a good writer!
This is the best story ever!!!!
Aww, I want to know what he said to her step dad and what's in the book! This is such a cool story, I can't wait for tomorrow!
I'm so glad you are blogging about this! It is so fun to hear all that McCain and you put into making the proposal perfect. I have the best of best friends AND fiance's. :)
-College Roomie
black dating links http://loveepicentre.com/ is jaleen watson dating anybody
sharepoint server 2007 ebook http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/Cocoa-in-a-Nutshell-A-Desktop-Quick-Reference-In-a-Nutshell-O-Reilly/p200869/ visual c# ebook free [url=http://audiobookscollection.co.uk/de/Recruiting-on-the-Web-Smart-Strategies-for-Finding-the-Perfect-Candidate/p108120/]ebook panama birds download[/url] old ebook
password software for windows mobile 2003 http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/de/product-37108/D3DGear-2-3 mechanical contractor quick pen estimating software [url=http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/fr/product-35357/3herosoft-Dvd-to-iPad-Comverter-3-5-MacOSX]what is dj sf software[/url] pacesetter bes lettering software
[url=http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/product-33471/Photomatix-Tone-Mapping-2-0-for-Photoshop-x64]Photomatix Tone Mapping 2.0 for Photoshop x64 - Software Store[/url] meta-analysis stat d software package
[url=http://buysoftwareonline.co.uk/product-37216/MonitorTest-3-0][img]http://buyoem.co.uk/image/4.gif[/img][/url]
minnesota local dating http://loveepicentre.com/articles/ executive search dating inc
a night of death and dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/taketour/]dating costa del sol[/url] dating singles online free personals join
dating international [url=http://loveepicentre.com/map/]free 100 dating pk[/url] good dating profile names [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/jerrilynn/]jerrilynn[/url] historical dating methods
Post a Comment