"Be in love with your life. Every detail of it." ~ Jack Kerouac
Linking up with Miss Sami for a little Weekend Update and a new link up for me...This Weekend I!
"And I'll be 40....Someday!"
Today is October 1. This means that I'm exactly one month from turning the big 2-9. ONE month. 30 days. Holy cow.
The Opposite of PR
I kicked off the weekend with the Hot Chocolate 5K. College Roomie and I were not excited about the whole waking up at 6:00 in the morning thing. We likely had the worst attitudes at the race. I have not been running, I was not prepared, so I knew that it would not be pretty. You know I always do three goals for a race: (1) Not die; (2) Run the whole thing; and (3) Run it in under 33 minutes. Happy to report that I accomplished all three. Now, my time? The opposite of a PR....my slowest 5K time ever (except my birthday race after a weekend of eating/drinking WAY too much two years ago, but since we walked most of that, I don't count it as a run).But...you know what? I probably learned as much from that as I would have from a PR. There is no reason that I should be slacking and only running a mile or two when I work out. There is no reason for me not to get back in shape and get myself another Half under my belt. It's time to get serious. But first, it was time to eat some chocolate. :)
| We were pretty good at this part. |
| Breaking Kevin into the generally inappropriate songs on my playlist |
Shopping Spree
College Roomie and I then did a little shopping to celebrate the fall. I'm loving this awesome mustard color that seems to be all over every store around! I also found a perfect fall flower bouquet at Trader Joe's. So I bought it for myself. Look, sometimes a girl just needs some flowers.
Football Time
Y'all knew that my weekend would involve some football. McCain coaches a high school team, so College Roomie and I headed to watch their game this weekend. It was the perfect fall day--cool breeze, beautiful trees, view of the mountains, and some football. Hello fall! McCain's team won 47-0 and since he coaches Defense, it was like the perfect game. Nice work!
![]() |
| Perfect fall day. |
![]() |
| Coach McCain headed for his halftime speech. |
![]() |
| How cute is her outfit? Very football coach's wife-ish. Tami Taylor would approve. |
It's time to get serious, boys. It's time. I know that because I noticed a lot of curse words coming out of my mouth while you were on the field. Never a good sign.









11 comments:
This looks like the perfect fall weekend! Football, 5Ks, chocolate, and shopping! Like all of my favorite things combined into one. :)
GO POKES!!! No matter what happens, it's still our awesome alma mater. Believe me, I was screaming at the tv too. BUT on the positive note -- that first goal by us was super awesome!!
I'm impressed that you run so many races. I need to run more. There is a biggest loser race next month so I am going to plan on running that.
Run another half, may I suggest the Mississippi BLues marathon and half marathon in January? :)
Love the OSU part! GO POKES! YAY for Kevin winning his football game that is awesome! And YAY for new cloths and fall weather! So proud of you and college roomie for getting out their and running. You girls rock! Oh and if College roomie happens to read this comment love the coaches wife outfit you look great!
~LOKG
It was a great weekend. Other than the waking up early on a Saturday. I'm still not over that. Oh and the ending of the OSU game - that wasn't great either.
The win-loss count at the end of the season doesn't change the color of a true fan's blood - keep it orange. Go Pokes!
-College Roomie
What a great weekend. Hope you have a good new week :)
I have to say I am a Texas fan and I loved the game!!! It was close...both teams played a good game! I was screaming at the TV.
Good weekend full of high school and college football for me as well!!
My bestie from HS's little sister (who I consider my own) is on the OSU softball team! She's officially on her 5th year, so I guess she's past eligibility, but she still goes there and is finishing up her degree. Needless to say, as a Baylor student (we don't like UT!) with OSU ties, Go Pokes! <3
Oh gorsh. Saturday wasn't pretty. But loyal and true to the end. Life of a Poke fan! And seriously how amazing would that last play have been had it actually worked?
thanks for stopping by my blog!
a shopping spree sounds awesome!
salted carmel frozen yogurt,sign me up!!
When I saw the score of the game this weekend, you're the first person I thought and said, "oohhhh, this isn't gonna be pretty on the blog!"
Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend! Looks like you had a fun one yourself. :) And go you for running a race. I've never done that and most likely never will... but somewhere in my mind I think I should... but my mind never wins haha. :)
Post a Comment