Truth be told? I'm not loving a lot this week. Work is about to kill me---no, really. I'm so stressed out that my poor hair has started falling out in chunks and I can't sleep. Not good things. But, because you know I'm a believer in not being a baby about stuff, I have been preaching this quote to myself all week:
Good reminder. I should probably tatoo it on my hand so I'd see it all the time. So, in an effort to improve my attitude, I'm going to link up with Jamie and share some of the things I am loving this week.
1. This fantastic little thought I found from a friend on facebook.
No joke guys, my dream in life? Somehow manage to have enough money to quit working, buy some land, a bunch of cows (and sheep) and write a book. There it is.
2. This awesome blog about old friends. She is an amazing writer. And as I read this, I couldn't help but think about my Girls from OSU. So grateful to have friends like this in my life!
| "That was friendship to a group for girls who needed no explanation, no starting line, no rolling of the dice to indicate who would go first when they finally folded into one another again." |
3. The Amazing Race has returned! I love me some Amazing Race. It's on my bucket list to sign up. I'm still trying to decide on the best partner. I should maybe do a blog about that---like pros and cons of my options and have you guys vote. I'll think on that. I can never tell for sure who I'll like on the first night....I might like the football player and cheerleader from UT (although I couldn't decide for sure since it aired so close in time to the whole UT beating OSU incident) and I definately like the couple where the girl lost her legs. They seem great. I do NOT like the twins or the Chipendale's guys. Both groups drove me nuts.
4. Certain lyrics from this song. What are they, you ask?
I've dreamed of a place,
Of white satin and lace,
Black on a tie,
And cake on my face,
Wicker rocking chairs,
Salt and peppered hair,
When that day comes round
Will you still be there?
Sigh. Amen to that. The song itself is a little sappy for my tastes, but I do love these two lines.
5. My mother's comment on my cooking. I called her the other night while I was making a chicken rice casserole recipe she gave me. I was telling her about how I had to substitute some ingredients because I was out of stuff, refusing to use certain spices that she thought I needed, and informing her of the small kitchen fire that I may have started. Her response? "Tiffany, do you have a fire extinguisher in your house for when you cook?" Ha. Classic. (Answer to the question: Yes.)
6. My weekend plans. So this weekend I'm headed to Dallas to participate in the Dirty Girl Mud Run with....get this...several of my cousins, Cousin Kevin's accountant, Aunt Evil Kineval and Aunt Delta Dawn. How darn cool is my family? I must admit that I am a bit concerned after seeing pictures of people swan diving into mud pits and jumping over fire. I think someone did not give me full disclosure before I signed up! But if the crazy aunts can do it, I can't chicken out!
Anyway, after the race I am beyond excited to meet up with my friend The Crazy Canadian and to meet her precious little boy. I haven't seen her in over 5 years and I can't wait!!
7. The Seventh Annual Family Ski Trip has been booked for Christmas. I have no doubt that the crazy shenanigans will continue.
8. I selected a groomsma'am dress. It's not one I had up on my blog as an option (go figure!) but I really love it. You can see it here. Except mine will be chocolate brown.
9. Remember how my family raised a breed champion lamb at the New Mexico State Fair? Well, add another one to the list, becuase we had the Champion Shropshire at the Oklahoma-Arkansas State Fair in Ft. Smith last week. It's been a great year (and hopefully today it'll get better becuase we have several kiddos showing as we speak)!
10. This fall weather we're having. If I could press "pause" and make the weather be like this year-round, I would. Plus, this weather combined with my awesome-sauce new playlist has really improved my running motivation!








8 comments:
Dave's dad raises cows... as a side job. I don't get the attraction as I am not 100% a smalltown gal so I will let yall raise the cows and Ill just come visit your ranch :)
also tell me sometime when you are in dallas, its 7 hours from me and my BFF lives there, along with some other pals. It seems you go often. I probably wont make it back until wintertime. have fun with your mud run! I would love to do that! I enjoyed warrior dash!
Good job on the Champion Shropshire! And I love the dress! And be careful on that mud run - it sounds dangerous ("Slow down, Manda, you're going too fast...").
Re: Work - this too shall pass.
-College Roomie
I hope work gets better soon...I have been having the same problem for over a month now and that quote was greatly needed
~Momma Rock
P.S. I still have been reading every day. I just haven't had time to comment.
P.S.S. Hartley has started saying her numbers in spanish. I will try and get you a video :-)
Ah! I will be in Dallas this weekend also! Look for me, and good luck in the mud. :)
Love the dress, it will look lovely in chocolate brown.
~College Roomies neighbor. :)
So what songs are on said "awesome-sauce" playlist?!?! Share!
Here is what I think about money, cows, and happiness: Money CAN buy you cows, which will breed more cows, and then make you a shit ton of money and happier, since beef prices are so high right now! Therefore, money=happiness, via bovine.
AMEN TO THAT SIGN. YES YES YES, DREAM LIFE FOR ME TOO!
Good job looking at all the positives! It's not easy when a lot of things are hitting you all at once, but I hope things will calm down with you at work. Drink some peppermint tea to relax a bit!
Whoa whoa whoa... I was totally at the Oklahoma-Arkansas State Fair to watch a friend's brother show!! How crazy!! Congratulations to another champion!
pay day loans http://www.2applyforcash.com JerceEscock [url=http://2applyforcash.com/]Payday Loans Online[/url] ionigneronoft Fast Payday Loans Online payday loans online lenders The empower network is a plug-and-play viral successful some research on ways that are most likely to succeed.
If you're consistent you may see amazing results. Most recently the Maqui Berry has entered the race for world's best fat loss supplement phen375 i was in a place, because you are absolument are wanting to shed weight. There was a young time in my life when I weighed only 145lbs at 72" tall and after studying fitness and nutrition and reviewing several books, before Beachbody existed I put down to gain weight. He was called Karl Andersen Jr, named after his father Karl Andesen http://www.phen375factsheet.com for example, if you weigh 200 pounds, you'll burn about 1,200 calories by running about 8 miles in one hour. You get an internet menu calculator, you tell it that which you'd like to nibble on the following 11 days and by the press on the button it generates a total menu from the foods you like [url=http://www.phen375factsheet.com]phen375[/url] the study found this diet being very helpful because it encompasses a diet beneficial for a health, instead of simply weight loss.
Post a Comment