Thursday, March 21, 2013

A Little Motivation for Your Thursday

First off, can we please stop and take a minute to celebrate that the NCAA Tournament starts today?  In my mind, it's a national holiday.  Non-stop college basketball for the next four days, and then great games continuing over the next two weeks?  PLUS, my Pokes are FINALLY back in the dance?  Well this girl pretty much could not be happier.

That's not true, I could be happier if this guy was still our coach!

Now, moving on, I thought that I'd provide a little motivation for your Thursday.

1.  In honor of the NCAA Tourney, I wanted to share this quote from coach Tim Larranaga back in 2006 when George Mason (an 11 seed) made the Final Four.  I loved this quote then and have never forgotten it!   "When you dream, do you dream about playing great against an average team? Hell no! When you dream, you dream about playing your best against the best. You dream about playing your best with your teammates." 

2.  My blog friend Katy wrote about things she does that help her to be happy.  One of her items was the knowledge that she only has to make it until bedtime, because God's mercies are new each morning.  I love this concept.  No matter how stressful or crazy or painful the day is, we just have to make it until bedtime.

3.  I read this quote by St. Therese of Lisieux that I absolutely fell in love with.  Like I may need to get it tattooed on my hand so I can see it every day.  "Enjoy with peace the joy God is giving you without worrying about the future."  Amen.  This worrier needs to remember this!

4.  Have you heard the story of how Pope Francis chose the name Francis?  I just love this guy.



5.  My friend Dr. Kyra closed an email to me yesterday with this little gem:  All is well, and what's not well is a good story!  I seriously feel like this should be everyone's outlook on life.  And I thinks he should write a book, but she fears the secret service or Navy Seals or something might come after her.  But that's another blog for another day. 

6.  And lastly, have you guys seen the video that a high school senior made asking Kate Upton to the prom?


The best part?  She called in when he was on the Today Show and said that she is going to check her schedule and try to go.  If she comes, he's going to try and get his curfew extended.  This is what happens when you dream big, kids.  You might end up taking a super model to the prom.

3 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

Thanks for the shoutout! Ha, when a day is rough and I am striving for bedtime, I may go to bed early. Likewise, I never want good days to end. :)

I'm not a huge college basketball fan although next year when we are poor newlyweds I plan on picking up the hobby - I like college baseball and college football so I should like basketball right?? I attended games in college. I just never got into it.

Anyways my dad and brother are going to the tourny to cheer for the rebs tomorrow. Feel free to cheer for our rebs too!! HOTTY TODDY!!!

Nicole said...

I love love #2! How true is that. That's something I need to focus on right now...life is hard sometimes!

Brianne said...

I love #5 it reminds me of my dad. Whenever something goes wrong, or unexpectedly he always just says "memories." It's so true, in the end things that go unexpectedly make better stories and are more memorable than the trip that went smoothly.