(For those of you who are upset right now that I don't have a proposal story blog ready to go, just be patient. I'm working on it!)
Here are my thoughts.
1. On Monday, I was headed to meet The Boy from Texas, his mom, and his sister for lunch. My ring was all shiny on the steering wheel and I got distracted looking at it and almost rear ended someone. Oopsy!
2. The first thing people ask you is when and where your wedding will be. You do not know the answer to that an hour after the ring is put on your finger. Don't be annoyed when the response you get is, "I have no clue!"
3. When you get 500 likes and 168 comments on Facebook, your phone will revolt and hold a charge for about 10 minutes.
4. I just about poked my eye out when I went to wipe my eye yesterday and realized there's a big honking ring there. The struggle is real. :)
5. Just because someone is having a short engagement (4 months), does not mean that they are pregnant. Multiple people asked that. No lie.
6. The fact that my farmer father spent yesterday morning talking wedding venues, table cloths, and arches makes my heart really happy. He says that he is now over wedding planning. His part is done!
7. I have the best family and friends in the world. Seriously, I've just about gotten an entire wedding planned just by people saying, "I'll help you with flowers" or "I'll take pictures" or "You can have my leftover decorations." It's amazing. I'm so blessed!
8. I could not be more excited about the fact that I get to marry The Boy from Texas. I still kinda pinch myself every time I think about spending my life with him.





4 comments:
I mean, if you are pregnant 4 months isnt enough to "cover it up" because honestly, you would probably already be atleast 2 months along now, plus 4 months of engagement..... holy cow you would be 6 mths pregnant walking down the aisle, everyone would be able to tell..
So, preggers, maybe you should get married TOMORROW!! JK
Haha the second line made me laugh because if this wasn't a proposal story I was going to say "Look I'm happy for you & all but I need to know how it happened..." cause I'm nosey like that. I suppose I'll keep waiting though. That's so great that you have so many people willing to help out & make the planning that much easier!
Haha! Wise words, my friend, wise words. Wearing a ring is a downright hazard. But it's simultaneously a weapon that fights evil, so you're good. :)
-College Roomie
Ugh, the pregnancy question. I dealt with that rumor occasionally because we not only had a short engagement (five months) but also eloped. I don't know why people think that engagements have to be long. I mean, you agreed to marry this person because you want to, uh, MARRY THEM. Do you buy a car and say "Oh, I want it to sit in the driveway for six months, so I don't rush into anything?"
Engagement = marriage. I believe that if you wouldn't marry the person today, you aren't ready to marry them at all.
Post a Comment