Thursday, June 19, 2014

A Low Key Weekend

The Boy from Texas and I don't really do low key.  You know me, I'm always on the go.  And he cannot sit still and just do nothing.  But last weekend we ended up being able to sort of just hang out and have some downtime.  We went to my parents and just helped with a few things on the farm, checked on some show lambs we sold to some kiddos, went to church, and just generally hung out.  It was pretty awesome.  Here's the photo recap.

We'll start with this beautiful West Texas sunset.  I mean, seriously. 


Praise God for the irrigation water that is currently flowing down our ditches and watering our fields!  This, kids, is a very pretty sight!


Here is a photo of a sorghum field on our farm.


I absolutely love this picture.  I asked my dad to get a picture of The Boy from Texas and I having a romantic Saturday night irrigating.  The fact that I have managed to find a boy that is game to spend Saturday doing that and even grins about it in a picture?  I'm a lucky girl.


Speaking of The Boy from Texas....he has a birthday coming up in a few weeks!  I had been working on a surprise for him for a few months.  His horse died about a year ago and I wanted to get a painting done of the horse for The Boy.  Luckily, my parents' super awesome neighbor is an amazing artist and this is what she was able to do based on a picture of said horse that I stole off of The Boy's wall.  He was pretty excited about his present and I loved being able to surprise him!

 
And now, a couple of shots of the parentals.

This was 9:00 in the morning.  Breakfast apparently wore him out.
My mom had been at a wedding shower and said, "I'm cute, take my picture."

2 comments:

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

awesome weekend! I love those weekends, just hanging out in the country....doing country things.

Anonymous said...

Your mom IS cute! :)

Ahhh, I can just hear the sound of irrigating. So, so good!

-College Roomie