Recently I've been sort of living on this new recipe I invented for green chile pork tacos. Since it's not every day this girl invents a recipe (I'm much more of an every day catch the oven on fire kind of gal), I figured I needed to share.
Pork chops (I prefer the boneless ones because I'm lazy and they are less work.)
Roberts Reserve Hatch Green Chile Honey Glaze (I buy it at HEB, not sure where else you can get it. You can probably just make your own.)
Ear of corn
Butter
Pepper
Garlic powder
Avocado
Lime juice
Paprika
Red pepper flakes
Something green (lettuce, cabbage, spinach, etc.)
Shredded cheese
Corn tortillas
Pork Chops: Marinade the pork chops in the glaze. I don't know how much, enough to cover them up. Cook the pork chops on the grill (I cooked them on foil rather than right on the rack because the honey will make a big ol' mess). After cooked, I put the pork chops in the food processor and grind them up. This just makes them more like shredded pork...so good.
Corn: Shuck the corn and place the ear on a piece of foil. Smear on a little butter, pepper, and garlic powder. Roll up the corn in the foil and grill it as well.
Guacamole: I use one avocado, some lime juice, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and just a few red pepper flakes. Smash it up, mix it all together, and you're done.
Now just build your tacos: tortillas, pork, corn, cheese, guacamole, green stuff. I really like cabbage---it isn't slimy like lettuce and I think it tastes summery.
Viola. Bon appetite. You're welcome.




2 comments:
Looks and sounds quite tasty!!! I'd like to put in an official meal request for my next visit to your casa.
-College Roomie
Making the best Green Chili is easy! Just add some authentic powdered Green Chili from Hatch, New Mexico, to thicken and add flavor to your stew. I order mine securely online from the Chimayo Chile Brothers. Here is a link to their site: http://www.chimayochilebros.com/shop
Post a Comment