Thursday, May 28, 2015

Newlywed in the Kitchen Recipe #19: Pioneer Woman's Bowtie Chicken Alfredo (plus broccoli)

I honestly don't know why I ever worry about making a Pioneer Woman recipe.  That lady knows her stuff, without a doubt!  So when I came across her recipe for Bowtie Chicken Alfredo, I bought the ingredients immediately!

The Boy from Texas Rating:  4

The Boy from Texas Comments:  "I'd eat this again."  "Well, it's not bad for chicken and vegetables."

My rating:  5

My comments:  Seriously, I'd put this recipe in a weekly rotation.  It was SO good!

Pioneer Woman Bowtie Chicken Alfredo (plus Broccoli)

12 oz Farfalle pasta
4 T butter (you could also use olive oil)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I actually used leftover chicken The Boy from Texas made on the grill and it was great!  It also made this recipe much faster.)
Salt and papper
Minced garlic
3/4 chicken broth or dry white wine
1/2 C half and half 
3 T heavy cream
3/4 C Parmesan shavings or grated Parmesan
2 T fresh parsley
2 C fresh steamed broccoli  (This is not in her recipe, I'm trying to health things up by adding a green veggie, it went quite well!)


Cook pasta according to directions.  Drain and set aside.

Steam or boil broccoli.  Set aside.

Salt and pepper both sides of chicken.  Heat 2 T of butter in large skillet and cook until brown on both sides and done in the middle.  Remove from skillet, slice into strips, set aside.

Add additional 2 T of butter to skillet followed by minced garlic.  Stir garlic around and cook for 1 minute.  Pour in wine or broth, let it bubble up for 2 minutes.  Add half-and-half, cream, salt and pepper, whisking constantly until combined.  Allow liquid to heat up thicken for a few minutes.  If it gets too thick, you can thin with more chicken broth.  (I didn't have that issue.)

When the sauce looks good, remove from heat and add Parmesan to the pan.  Throw hot pasta right on top of sauce.  Toss.  Add chicken and broccoli and continue tossing until combined.  

Top with minced parsley and extra Parmesan.



1 comment:

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

I'm really hungry and I love pasta and the Pioneer Woman, so basically, I'm drooling.