Monday, September 26, 2016

Newlywed in the Kitchen {2016} Recipe #13: Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy

Basically if the Pioneer Woman recommends it, I like it.  We don't eat biscuits and gravy too often, but this is a quick, easy recipe for a hearty breakfast. The Boy From Texas liked it, BB didn't really like the sausage but was all about the biscuits with gravy on them if you picked the sausage out. So I'll call that an overall positive review from the men of the house.

Pioneer Woman's Sausage Gravy 
(Serves 5-6)

1 pound breakfast sausage
1/3 C flour 
3-4 C milk
Salt and pepper to taste 
Biscuits (I am lazy and used ones out of a can. If you want to make PW biscuits, click here.)

Brown sausage in skillet.  Slowly add in flour and allow sausage to absorb.  Then add milk about 1 cup at a time, stirring well.  Let cook on low until gravy thickens.  It will take a bit to thicken.  (I like thick gravy so I just used 3 C of milk.)
Season with salt and pepper. 

Serve over biscuits. 

3 comments:

shaeken said...

I looooooove biscuits and gravy - I've only made it once since we got married and the gravy wasn't from scratch and it was HORRIBLE. I have got to learn how to make it from scratch!! I'm going to add this to my list for the next week! :)

Audra Gail said...

This is a staple in our house! We have it for dinner all the time! In fact my FIL requests it for any special occasion we have for him! LOL and I don't follow a recipe but then again I rarely do!

Audra Gail said...

This is a staple in our house! We have it for dinner all the time! In fact my FIL requests it for any special occasion we have for him! LOL and I don't follow a recipe but then again I rarely do!