
Another reason I love fall..... the New Mexico State Fair!

Growing up, I think that State Fair was my favorite thing---which makes sense---it was our only family vacation after all!!
There was nothing like getting up at 1:00 am to meet at the truck stop and caravan to Albuquerque!

I loved everything about the fair....the showing, the people, the food, and yes...even the dorms! I made some of my best friends in those dorms, or at least became even closer with friends I already had. I loved seeing everyone....it was like a family reunion of our "showing familly" every year. Plus my favorite smell is all around....sawdust and revive. Sigh....it's great!

Now I still get to go back and see everyone....a few of the old crew is still around! Of course, it's not the same without showing. I do miss that....well, maybe not the wash rack, but everything else!
If you weren't lucky enough to grow up showing, you don't know what you missed!




No comments:
Post a Comment