I went a couple weekends ago to see The Blind Side. I honestly think that this was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It's a great story about good people doing a wonderful thing to help a stranger. But it's really, really funny! I'm a total Sandra Bullock fan, but of all her movies, this one is hands down the best. There are some lines in that movie that made me just about fall on the floor laughing. Here are a couple...
Sean Touhy (the dad): "Who would've thougth we'd have a black son before we met a Democrat?"
Leigh Anne Touhy (the mom): "If you so much as set foot downtown you will be sorry. I'm in a prayer group with the D.A., I'm a member of the NRA, and I'm always packing!"
It really is an amazing story. I knew that the movie was based on the truth, but as I watched it I figured a lot of it was dramatized for entertainment value. Turns out, not much of it was! Here's a link to an interview of the actual family. If you haven't seen the movie....you probably don't want to watch this. It gives it all away. :)
Anyway, I just think it's a great example of how people can truly be kind and generous and change the lives of other people who they come across. Maybe you and I can't afford to take in some kid off the street, but there probably are a lot of little things we can do every day to make a difference for someone in our lives.




No comments:
Post a Comment