Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Easton and I

"Mumps, measles and puppy love are terrible after twenty." ~Mignon McLaughlin

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting pictures from my meet and greet experience at Brad Paisley since I first wrote about it. Actually, you probably haven't, but I've been anxiously awaiting posting them!
Now, earlier in the year I decided that I could check off my bucket list item "take a picture with a famous person" when I met Alex, the lead guitarist for Miranda Lambert and his wonderful girlfriend snapped a picture for me. While some people questioned if he counted as 'famous' for the checkmark, meeting Easton Corbin certainly counts and the checkmark is for sure done!
So first off, I just love Easton Corbin. He's adorable. He's got the a super cute southern accent, and is really, really good looking. But more than that, he's smart too....degree in Ag Business from the University of Florida. See?? We were soul mates.....except that he met his wife before I got to him!
Anyway, he sings three songs I love......"I'm a Little More Country than That" and "Roll With It" are both on the radio right now. But my favorite might actuallly be one that's not been that popular...."Don't Ask Me 'Bout a Woman."


Anyway, after his concert was over, I was standing around chatting with Brett-Brett and his twin brother Michigan State. Well, low and behold, I see Easton Corbin signing autographs and taking pictures with people right behind us. At first, I just snuck up to snap this photo.
When Miss Texas and I realized that the line wasn't too long and saw that he was hugging everyone he met, we decided standing there was a must! Turns out, the meet and greet only went until 7:00, then they shut the gate. We were the last people through. PHEW! This kind of thing NEVER happens to me. Ever in my life.

Anyway, here you go.....I met Josh Thompson first (singer of Way Out Here....you've heard it...."We're about John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere). Notice my eyes were already scoping out Easton Corbin to my left!
Then I met Steel Magnolia (singers of Keep On Loving You). That girl is adorable an had on killer heels. The guy was less cool. He said he didn't like football. I was over him quickly. (You might wonder how this came up during the 30 seconds I talked to him...let's just say I learned nothing from the Kirk Herbstreit blog!)
And then, it was time for Easton Corbin. He hugged me. Twice. And called me darlin'. I was like a 16 year old with a crush.
And then, like that, our relationship was over. And I went back to my seat on the grass to watch the rest of the concert. But hey, I have the picture to show everyone how cute we look together. And apparently it's believeable. My brother didn't realize it was Easton Corbin and he called me asking who the dude was I was with and to tell me that he would be here soon to kick his you-know-what!

Anyway, let's have a take away point from this. All of you out there who have graciusly volunteered to help me in my search for Mr. Right---take a good look. This is what we're after. Except for the whole part about him being married. Now that we're all on the same page...get to looking!

2 comments:

Laura said...

It's really too bad Easton met his wife before you. Gawd, I love that guy! Turning a little green up here, but so happy you met all those fabulously talented people.

Tiffany said...

Isn't he just adorable!?! And don't talk to me about geing green Miss Canadian CMA award winner! You're fabulous and famous all on your own and don't need to go find famous people to meet!