Okay....I'm asking for a favor. I don't think I've done this on the blog before, but there's a first time for everything, right?
I mentioned a while back that I am pen pals with the most adorable little 6 year old boy, Yamil, who lives at an orphanage in Bolivia.
I've been trying to get a plan to send a package to the kiddos there and finally came up with a fun idea!
I'm trying to collect decks of playing cards for a bunch of different US states. So you know when you're in a gas station and you see the deck of cards that have the state flag or a picture of a hot air balloon or whatever? Well I thought it would be fun to send each of the kids (there are 18 of them) their own deck of cards from a state. Along with that, I'm planning to send a map of the US (and Canada for my Canadian followers!) so that the kids can find on the map where their cards came from.
So....this is where the favor comes in.....I know I have followers and readers from all over the country and even in some other countries! If you'd like to help out, either leave a comment below with your email address or email me at tiffy83@hotmail.com and I will get you my address so you can mail your cards. My goal is to have all of the cards collected and get the package sent out by May 1.
Yamil is quite the artist and he drew the above picture of me in his last letter---I can't wait to see what he'll draw us when the package arrives! (Sidenote: the orphanage is always looking for more pen pals for the kids....let me know if you are interested!)




3 comments:
Oh my word that is precious! Good for you for being such a great person! :) Have a blessed day! xoxo
Oh, how I wish I would have known about this when I was in NOLA last weekend. :( Kids would LOVE Bourbon Street cards, right?
Great idea - let me know if I can do anything to assist! Do you already have NM cards?
-College Roomie
I'll keep my eyes open in Texas and I'll watch for them this weekend in Oklahoma while I'm there!
Post a Comment