Friday, June 3, 2011

Family Farm Friday #55: The (Future) Proposal

"My eyes on a piece of land, a ring for her hand, a little heaven on earth, a little piece of red dirt..." ~Josh Abbott Band, End of a Dirt Road



I've said it before, and I'll say it again.....we ag kids do things differently. Whether it be compliments from boys or favorite smells or buying snack foods, we sort of have a different take on things. Apparently, this applies to marriage proposals as well.



I was never that little girl who planned her wedding all out. I don't have any idea what kind of flowers I will want. Until I was a bridesmaid myself, I didn't have any thoughts whatsoever on bridesmaid dresses. Never considered the best wedding songs. And I don't even know what a freaking sweetheart neckline is. Get the picture?



Well, I did get one thing figured out....the perfect proposal. I had actually thought before about this when The Bride got engaged in Hawaii. After a lot of analyzing, I decided that it would be cool for someone to propose to me either on the farm or on the football field at OSU. Sigh....agriculture and football. My two first loves. :)



After reading my friend Crystal's blog about how her boyfriend proposed last weekend, the deal was sealed. Crystal's boy got down on one knee with a beautiful ring in the middle of a pasture full of cows. (Sidenote: This boy is an OSU alum...would you expect anything less?) How perfect is that?





I say all this so that if you guys find my Mr. Right before I do, you tell him how we want this to go down. And if he wants to be wearing an OSU football shirt or somehow play the fight song, all the better!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the thought of piping the OSU fight song through the cow pasture.

I'm all over passing on this intel.

-College Roomie

Stevie Leigh said...

Cute blog! And really cute proposal story. Not a farm girl myself, but it sounds lovely :)

- S from Following the Walkers

crystal.cattle said...

Thanks so much for including me in your blog Tiffany. When MR. Right comes along, your blog is going to be a handbook for him! He'll know exactly what to do :)
www.crystalcattle.com

Anonymous said...

Tiff, I think I have another idea, did you see the picture of the guy who proposed by spelling out "Marry Me" on sheep, He sheared them leaving letters on them! Now that is a guy! And if he smells like freshen up what else could you want!
Ms. Sandra

Unknown said...

that is a sweet proposal story!!

Meghan said...

Ahh! I love it! I hope you find your guy with the perfect proposal!

Mrs K said...

Sounds really sweet!! Im sure that Mr Right will surprise you with a Great proposal when that day comes:))

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by lady! I love your blog to and I will definitely be following back!

Megan said...

Hahaha! This is too cute! I think that is what is so beautiful about proposals...each one is perfect to the couple!

Cafe Fashionista said...

The perfect proposal means so much - I hope that you (and I!) both meet the man of our dreams someday soon, and that he conjures up the greatest proposal EVER! :)

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

So cute, I never thought about the details of the proposal, but I was happy with how my guy did! :) I love football, too - I went to a big FFA high school!

gadabout said...

so cute! i bet you'll get the world's most perfect proposal- or at least your version of it :) it's exciting to hope and wonder, isn't it?

Unknown said...

I love the Josh Abbott Band! Sounds like a wonderful dream proposal :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I agree that being proposed to in the middle of a pasture of cows is romantic..I am also the girl/ag teacher who goes down to the pens at NMSU during ffa judging to take a deep breath to chill out when I'm stressed lol ... nothing wrong with being a country girl! -Annie