Wednesday, October 5, 2011

WILW #10

“I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.” ~John Burroughs


Hello Wednesday! I'm excited that the week is halfway over and the weekend is on its way! I'm loving lots of things today, so let's get started. Check out other things being loved today on Jamie's blog!


1. This song.



My Texas - Josh Abbott Band and Pat Green. Have y'all heard this song yet? I'm in love. Seriously, I bet I played it 50 times yesterday at work. It's all about red dirt music, stock shows and sunsets. Sigh. It makes me want to fall in love with a boy from Texas. Lord help me!
And somewhere in a pig pen near Amarillo, there is an Animal House Boy who will be celebrating the fact that I have finally realized how great Texas is once his wife tells him about this blog.


2. And this song.


You can thank Cousin Kevin for this one. He dj'ed all the way to College Station when we went for the game and this was a song that he deemed "the epitome of red dirt music." It's by Brian Keane and it's called "I'll Sing About Mine." Of course, I loved it too! He's good good taste, that cousin of mine!


3. The Amazing Race.


SO glad this show is back. It's totally my favorite. Seriously, I love it. I'm not sure yet which teams are my favorite....maybe the football player and his wife or the cute dating couple. Oh, and it's on my bucket list to apply. Who will my partner be? That's still a little up in the air. I've got it narrowed down to a couple of boys....I'll keep you informed. Maybe I'll do a blog analyzing their potential.... :)


4. New Breakfast.

So Miss Jenni over at Story of My Life posted this blog last week. (If you don't follow her, you should. She's awesome!) I am NOT a morning person, at all. So trying to get something for breakfast that's sort of healthy and filling and quick is tough. But this oatmeal thing works great. On Sunday I made a big pot of Quaker Oats. I put it into 5 tupperware containers (2 cups each--fill them almost full). I add a little brown sugar (Jenni does cinnamon but that gives me heartburn), some fruit, and some whey powder (for protein...Jenni does walnuts) and pop those babies in the freezer. Easy, peasy, AND oatmeal helps to lower cholesterol. Yes, I'm becoming old and worried abou those kind of things.


5. John Corbett.


I watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding this weekend and fell in love with John Corbett all over again. I mean seriously, he falls for the former frumpy girl and says that he remembers her and she says, "That was my frumpy stage" and he says, "I don't remember frumpy, but I remember you." Melt this frumpy girl's heart. And Carrie Bradshaw, I still think you're an idiot today for breaking up with him. And now he's back on Parenthood. He's everywhere. And I love him. Fact.

6. This blog idea.


I think that as far as quality of writing goes, The Brunette Bombshell is one of the best I read. She posted this blog as a way to commemorate a birthday and I love it. The idea of looking at who you are each year and keeping a record of that is awesome. Be looking for my blog about this next month when I become old! ;)

7. LEM's photo challenge this week.


Theme: Your Favorite Color


I didn't know the theme to include this one in my photo blog yesterday, but I was not about to miss this week's photo challenge of "your favorite color." Is there any question what color I chose? I shot this picture last year (I know, I know...cheating a little) at an OSU game and I just love it. See the other entires at LEM!

8. This quote.
Well...now that we have that figured out, I think I'm ready for Mr. Right to show up and to get my billboard. Hello? Is this thing on?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I give this blog eight thumbs up and lots of love for all that you're loving. Have a great Wednesday!

-College Roomie

CodiM-D said...

Great job! As your birthday twin, I don't think you're getting old...I however, will be entering a whole new decade!

Kristin said...

Boys! I would like my chance to prove why *I* would be the perfect AR partner! Haha! ;)

Tara said...

I love this post! I love the amazing race and the photo is awesome!

Caroline said...

I love your idea about the oatmeal. I may have to start doing that.

Lori said...

thanks for sharing those songs! i love all things country, so hope you find your texas man :)

http://www.penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love Bob Marley quotes :)

xoxo
Katie

Anonymous said...

i used to love the show the amazing race! i wish we had it over here :(

Gretchen said...

Fun post! I used to watch the Amazing Race all the time... LOVE it! Somehow, I've missed that it came back on... =P