Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dear Mr. Right: Letter #7

"We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness - and call it love - true love." ~Robert Fulghum, True Love

Dear Mr. Right,

Let's talk weddings. Everyone else in my life seems to be.

You know those girls that have everything planned out and have kept a book since they were 7? You're not getting one of those when you get me. I could care less about most of that stuff. I just want you to wear square toed boots. And for there to be lots of dancing. To a live band that I may have already picked out.

And I'm planning on smearing cake all over your face. Because I think that's a tradition that should not go by the wayside. But there will be no bouquet tossing, because I've been the single girl having to stand out in the middle of the floor and be gawked at too many times.

It won't be too fancy, because I'm a believer in focusing more on the marriage than the wedding. Oh yea, and please do not spend too much money on a ring or I'll honestly be mad.

Seriously, I'm a catch.

Waiting for that day,


Me

6 comments:

Jamie said...

This is sweet. I didn't care much about the hoopla of the wedding either. It made for a stress free day!

Laura said...

Love this! Especially the line about spending too much on a ring.

K said...

One of the things I love about weddings is that I get to see the personalities of the couples. When it does happen, your wedding will be beautiful because it will be how you want it. Your letters to Mr. Right always get me thinking about my own view about relationships. It is interesting - when I was single, I caught more bouquets at weddings than I could count, and I didn't feel like people were gawking at me. I always felt like it was a fresh start - kinda like - you get to choose who you want to be with. I am not quite sure I am making sense. By the way, live bands are awesome :)

Anonymous said...

About the girl being gawked at the bouquet tossing...I was at a wedding... I dont' remember who's, but I was standing there, watching the bouquet fly in my direction and it thudded to the floor at my feet... I know the reasons why I didnt' WANT to catch it, but after everyone was looking at me and it was AWFUL!

Another horror story... my friend Travis caught the boutonneir and the girl who caught the bouquet didnt shave her legs.... you could tell she didnt want him touching them, and he was such a good sport...I would HAVE DIED!!

--Micca

Megan said...

This is such a cute letter! Ahhh, I love it!! You really are a catch!

RobynBeazley said...

You rock!! I was intrigued by your comment about eliminating the bouquet toss - interesting tradition to cut out ;)