Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday #13 (And Photos of the Week: Week 50)

"He who has no Christmas in his heart will never find Christmas under a tree." ~ Charlotte Carpenter

Hey y'all! I thought that today we'd go with a Christmas-themed version of What I'm Loving Wednesday. Be sure to check out all of the loves over at Jamie's blog!

1. Photo Challenges for Week 50. I stuck with the Christmas theme for this week's photos.


Theme: Silver (Project 64)


You can see the other entries here.


Theme: Let There Be Light


I got this shot from the top of my Christmas tree. I'm also linking this shot up with Show Off Your Shot!


2. My favorite Christmas songs. Meghan had a giveaway on her blog this week where the entry requirement was to list your favorite Christmas songs. As always with me, I have two. :) My favorite "serious" Christmas song is "I Heard The Bells." You read about my love for this song last year. My favorite "fun" Christmas song is "Baby It's Cold Outside."

3. Being productive. I don't know if there is too much more exciting to a Type-A kind of girl like me than to check things off a list. :) This week I've managed to get all of my information for the year entered into Quickbooks (I was seriously 6 months behind as of December 1), get all of my Christmas cards out the door (think 100 of those babies), and have ever piece of clothing I own clean. That's a lot of laundry y'all!


4. Running at Christmastime. I know, I know.....this one is strange. Baby, it's cold outside! BUT...there are Christmas lights! In my neighborhood,they are everywhere and I swear knowing that around the next corner I'll get a big ol' dose of different Christmas lights keeps me going! And honestly, if you dress right, the cold isn't really an issue.

5. It's almost Christmas!! I'm headed back to the ranch for Christmas, which should equal a lot of tamales and posole, Christmas Eve church and baby lambs. And then will be another installment of the anual family ski trip (which Blonde Oklahoma Girl will be flying in for!). And I'll wrap up the festivities with a trip to a little event called the Fiesta Bowl to cheer on my Cowboys with three of my favorite guys!

6. Blogger Christmas Lists. I am so not a shopper, but I've loved reading everyone's Christmas lists on their blogs this year! Even came up with a few gift ideas from there myself. Can't share what I got people with you all since my friends and family read my blog, but I'll do a fun recap after the holidays. As for my gift requests this year?




This scarf (courtesy my friend Crystal.Cattle's Turquois Thursday series!)
This kitchen gadget (it cuts up apples for you--we have one at work & I love it!)
Books. Always books. And not on some stupid electronic device. In my hand and on my shelf. My list includes:


And last, but not least, if I was (or my friends and friends were) rich, I'd be sporting a pair of these babies. Size 10. Or whatever that converts to in fancy European sizing. Sigh.

And to prove I'm not picky, I'd take these instead.

Simple, black pumps. Because I'm not high maintenence. If I were, I'd ask for these. Sigh.

2 comments:

Lyndse said...

If someone just so happens to get you those pink glittery Louie's...feel free to give them to your friend who is an 8 on the high maintenence scale. Just so happens we wear the same size...lucky me : )

Can't wait for the ski trip!!!!

BOKG

Anonymous said...

Those sparkly Louie's are pretty sah-weet. Those apple cutter things = awesomeness. Who knows how many lacerations I've avoided by using one.

-College Roomie