Monday, July 30, 2012

Weekend Re-Cap

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”   ~Oscar Wilde

Well it was another weekend of going, going, going.  Here's a re-cap for ya!

Friday

I stop at a gas station on my drive home and go inside to get some M&Ms for the road.  The lady in front of me was going to move her moving van from the pump over out of the way.  She turns to the gas station attendant and says, "Where should I park?  I'm not good at stuff like, you know, turning and stuff."  Um...yea.  Turning and stuff?  Seems important.  I got the heck out of Dodge and away from that lady before she left.

I have never felt so stupid as watching the parade of nations at the Olympics.  I swear to you, I could not have put half of those countries on a map.  That may bite me one of these days on The Amazing Race.  I've got to get serious about things.

I got one of my blogs recognized by Jordan Christie, the author of How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World!  So excited!  Good experience for my dream of writing a book one day. :)  To check it out, click here.

ND Friend sent me this awesome photo.  Don't think I could love it any more.

Saturday

On Saturday it was time for the Second Anual Father Daughter Ski Trip.  Well, first my dad and I went to check on some lambs that we sold to some 4-H kids, and then we hit the water.  Priorities.  We had lots of fun in the sun.
And then, that night I was walking through the house and managed to totally bite it.  I scraped up and bruised my big toe, banged up my shin, and sprained my wrist.  I ski all day and never have a bad fall, but walking through the house I manage to totally wipe out.  Great work, Tiffany.

Sunday

We took several pictures of our calves Sunday morning.  Check 'em out.
I spent Sunday spending entirely too much time watching the Olympics.  I mean seriously, I sit down and the next thing I know, 4 hours has gone by and I've accomplished nothing.  It feels like college football season or something.  A few thoughts:

1.  I was disappointed that Michael Phelps did not medal in the 400 IM, but excited for Ryan Lochte. 

2.  Thought the American women gymnasts looked amazing. 

3.  Thought the Brendan Hansen's interview after winning bronze was adorable. 

4.  I am so disappointed that we got beat in the 4x100 relay.  Silver is still good and all, but shoot.  I will say that my boy Michael Phelps did his job.  Probably should have let him anchor.  Just saying.

5.  Oh, and that woman (I forget her name) from the US that hit 99/100 targets and won her third gold medal in shooting?  Awesome.  Don't mess with that chick. 

Excited to watch some more tonight....go USA!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your wrist is okay!

Both the Phelps and Lochte post-race interviews were such a disappointment. Hansen did a great job though. You know what I loved watching? Water polo. I don't understand it but it looks intense!

-College Roomie

Stephanie said...

Sorry you made it through skiing just to wipe out at home - but it's a little funny ;)
That ecard is hilarious, I love it!!

Nicole said...

Those are some good looking calvies! I feel the same way about the Olympics...I wish I could just stay home during the Olympics for all two weeks of it and pretend I look as good as they all do ;)

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Oh no! That sucks you got hurt :( Other than that it sounds like a great weekend! Such cute calves!

And I had never heard of the countries at the Opening Ceremonies. I think they just made them up ;) lol

Thanks for linking up!

Megan G. said...

Oh my gosh that ecard got me rolling on the floor laughing! I definitely say that in my head all the time when I'm lost. :P

Beautiful calves, and I agree with you on all your Olympic observations. The USA women's gymnastics are on fireeeee good gosh.

Alisa Marie said...

I also went on the lake this weekend. Makes this 108 degree heat a little bearable :)

Have a great week!

Kimberlee said...

Father - Daughter ski trip sounds amazing :)

haha I felt like I had a geography lesson watching the Parades of Nations!