Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ask Little Cowboy: Back To School Edition

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” ~John Lennon

I know you guys have been patiently (some of you less so) waiting for another one of these blogs.  Finally, here we have it.  Ask Little Cowboy:  The Back To School Edition.

1. Are you excited school is starting?  School isn’t starting pretty soon. No, I am not excited.
2. What is your favorite part about school?  My favorite part of school is recess and snack time. But not lunch time because when it is lunch time, it is two more hours before recess!

3. What was your favorite part of the summer?  Staying with my mom, going to Uncle Brice’s rodeo, and watching some videos was my favorite part. I liked my mom’s wedding when we got to swim.

4. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A firefighter or policeman, I just don’t know. I see and hear about cool jobs and just don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.

5. How do you know that someone is your friend?  If I like them. If someone likes your friend, you can be friends with them too. Friends always meet at gas station and ride on dirt bikes down the road. They come back to the gas station, get more gas, and go down the other road.

6. How many bad guys have you shot in your entire life?  Twenty hundred. You want to know how many bullies? Bullies are badder than bad guys. I got 5 bullies.

7. Are you excited to be living back in New Mexico? Why?  Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! I am very excited. It is a lot bigger town, a lot bigger house, room for more toys, more space. It was easier for my mom to get a job. It is a lot closer to my family.

And then Little Cowboy said the following:
You always ask me questions. I have some for you.   So here are my answers.

1.  What do you actually do?  Well.....pretty much argue with people all day.  Can I say that on my blog?  Once, I told Little Cowboy I argue with people for a living.  He said, "I bet if you just pop them in the nose once they'd stop fighting with you."  Sometimes, that logic would be useful.

2.  I mean, whose lawyer are you?  I represent lots of different clients--some are just regular people, some are businesses, a little bit of everything. 

3.  What do you eat for breakfast?  Usually either oatmeal or Multigrain Cheerios or a granola bar with peanut butter.  I have no idea why he wants to know this.

4.  What do you do on days off?  Usually I travel on the weekends--I'm always going somewhere.  If I stay in town I usually go to the gym, the grocery store, sometimes the pool.  He's all obsessed with my schedule because the other day he asked why I didn't just come see him.  I said I had to work and he said, "Just leave.  Don't tell them."  I said, "I can't, they'll fire me."  He said, "If you got fired that would be better, because then you would have more time to go see people and have more fun."  Um....good point!

5.  Do you sleep in, snack, or do you play with other friends with silly string?  I usually do not sleep in, I snack way too much, and beleive it or not, Little Cowboy is the only friend that I play silly string with. 

6.  What do you do if you are bored?  Talk on the phone.  Watch movies.  Take a nap.

7.  Do you have boots?  Yes, I do.  Anderson Bean's with an orange top.  Because you know I love orange.

8 comments:

Lyndse said...

Little Cowboy is my favorite. Laughed at all his answers. He's a genius for sure.

I guess I need to go to more gas stations to meet people and play with silly string more.

Anonymous said...

I love that this kid still watches "videos"! He is quite the character! - Micca

Katy Robertson said...

LIttle Cowboy,

I've met all my friends at the gas station. And I've met all my boyfriends that way too.

JenD said...

If I ever have a kiddo, I want a LIttle Cowboy! He is the cutest thing ever!!!!

The Unlikely Runner said...

Oh my gosh that is too cute! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! My fav: gas stations with friends (sounds like friendship is expensive - constantly filling up with gas!).
And he asked you what you eat for breakfast because he wants to make sure that you have enough strength built up to finally "pop" someone to make them stop fighting. Just looking out for you....

-College Roomie

Elle-Bo said...

I love LC. That is all.

Jen said...

OMG, I love this! I totally need to do a question and answer session with my kiddos! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm just getting started so when I get a comment from someone who's not my best friend or my mom i get so excited! :)