Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Letters to Mr. Right: Letter #14

"He wasn't the type for displays of affection, either verbal or not. He was disgusted by couples that made out in the hallways between classes, and got annoyed at even the slightest sapppy moments in movies. But I knew he cared about me: he just conveyed it more subtly, as concise with expressing this emotion as he was with everything else. It was in the way he'd put his hand on the small of my back, for instance, or how he'd smile at me when I said something that surprised him. Once I might have wanted more, but I'd come around to his way of thinking in the time we'd been together. And we were together, all the time. So he didn't have to prove how he felt about me. Like so much else, I should just know.”  ~ Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

Dear Mr. Right,

I'm ready for someday to be today.  I think mostly, I look forward to the little things.  Sitting on the couch together watching football.  Grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon.  Holding hands in church.  Talking about what to cook for dinner.  Fighting over the remote.  Sharing my favorite blanket.  The smell of cologne in the bathroom in the mornings.  The afternoons spent on the future front porch swing.  You walking on the side of the sidewalk closest to the street when we go somewhere together.  Dancing in the kitchen on a random Tuesday.


Because those things?  They'll be my definition of paradise. 

That Johnny Cash knows what he's talking about.

Waiting for that day,

Me

*Linking up with Ashley!

11 comments:

Katy Robertson said...

I love your letters series. It's what every girl thinks but few have the courage to write down. I agree with you: Love is about the little things.

Cooking dinner together, running errands,being able to sit next to eachother and watch the news and call it a great night! I'm praying you find that guy soon!

Dave isn't super romantic (although bless his heart, he's getting better), but he's so good to me and so fun to be with. In the end, that's better..because life is going to be a lot more tuesday nights staying in than fancy dates out. Gotta be able to have fun doing both!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Your future husband is going to be amazing! You will be a perfect wife and I can't wait to be in your wedding :) Happy Wednesday!!

~LOKG

Anonymous said...

UGH!! I'm ready for someday to be today too. You deserve exactly what you just described. Mr. Right is a lucky guy, whoever and wherever the heck he is.

-College Roomie

JenD said...

Tiff, I'm ready for my someday too. I've been struggling with it alot this week....and then I think....you just need a good vacation instead :). Here's to someday being sooner rather than later!

Anonymous said...

It's great that you are looking foward to the "little things". I did, too, before I met my husband. I think people should appreciate them more.

Nicole said...

Just remember all of these sweet little moments for when you do find Mr. Right...cause sometimes you'll want to strangle him when he leaves empty soda cans all over the house :) But, just remember that all of it is worth it :)

Linznoel said...

You can't go wrong with Johnny Cash! I know from experience sometimes it's hard being in your late 20's and single. I feel like Charlotte in SATC -"I've been dating since I was 16 - WHERE IS HE?!?"
The majority of my friends are married, and several of them have started families. But I just keep reminding myself that my path is not their path and trust that God is perfecting someone amazing for me, who I will appreciate even more for having waited for so long. I know He has a great 2 for you too!!!! And in the meantime, not sharing the remote isn't so bad ;)

Anonymous said...

Its my at the start time to transmit on this forum,just wannat make some friends here.if its not allowed to transmit on this board,amuse delete this thread.Nice to fit you!

---------------------------------------------------------------
[url=http://www.sexybags.info/rssrock.html]My designer handabgs[/url]

Brianne said...

Umm I am completely in love with this idea. I think I'm going to start this for my future husband. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What a great idea!! Thanks for stoping by my blog. I am obsessed with these letters. Don't be suprised if you see these popping up on OWIOWI. Excited to get to know you and your blog Tiffany!