First things first, thank y'all so much for your sweet comments on my House Tour post yesterday. I had so much fun decorating, but even more fun hearing that everyone liked it (or those of you who didn't kept your mouths shut!)
Today I'm joining a new link up that my sweet friend Super Mom does each week called 7 Quick Takes. I thought I'd share 7 things I've enjoyed this week!
1. My current favorite song called She Ain't Leavin'. I am absolutely in love with this song. In love. So precious.
2. This quote. Haha......totally me and several of my friends! (Ahem...Blonde Oklahoma Girl and ND Friend....ahem!)
I found it from this website. Favorite it. You'll thank me later. Hilarious.
3. This article about parents bringing children to church. If you have kids, please read this and feel better. If you don't, please read this and don't be a jerk from now on.
When you are here, the church is filled with a joyful noise. When you are here, the Body of Christ is more fully present. When you are here, we are reminded that this worship thing we do isn’t about Bible Study or personal, quiet contemplation but coming together to worship as a community where all are welcome, where we share in the Word and Sacrament together. When you are here, I have hope that these pews won’t be empty in ten years when your kids are old enough to sit quietly and behave in worship. I know that they are learning how and why we worship now, before it’s too late.
4. This amazing blog about kindness and listening to the pulls God makes on our heartstrings. Such a wonderful post!
How often do we ignore God’s pullings and tuggings on our hearts because the thing He’s telling us to do doesn’t seem safe, or convenient, or sensible? I think we so often go through life looking for signs and angels and touchstones to point us in the right direction that we miss our opportunities to be those things for someone else. What if we’re not always supposed to be on the lookout for our guardian angels? What if that’s not enough? What if we’re supposed to actually BE that for someone else?
5. This article listing 10 decisions you can make that will change the world. I really like all of these, but this one is my favorite:
Ask yourself what in the world today most breaks your heart and offends your sense of justice. Decide to help change that and join with others who are committed to transforming that injustice.
6. This photo of me and Loud Oklahoma Girl after we finished our half marathon. We were happy girls to be DONE!
7. All the new recipes that I found on Pinterest lately. I am excited to get to cooking them again now that the whole oven fire incident is behind me. :)