Every Woman Should Know...
Things she really likes to do versus things she wishes she likes to do. I want to be a person who likes to out in coffee shops drinking a cup of Skinny Grande Non-Fat Soy Carmel Machiatto Latte or whatever the fancy name of a drink is at Starbucks and writing blogs or books or emails. I really wish I liked doing that. But honestly? I don't. I tried it a couple of times and was miserable. I don't drink coffee. The chairs are not comfortable. I'm too distracted by people talking and coming in and out. It's not for me. And in that experience, I realized that there is a difference between the things you like to do and the things that we wish we liked to do. It's important to know that this difference exists, and then to determine how it fits into your life. Because there's no sense in not enjoying something just because you wish you liked it!
| Latte in Viena (I only like coffee in Europe) |
The difference between being too picky and a deal-breaker. When you're not married and about to blow out 30 candles on a birthday cake, you become a bit of an expert at this topic. Let me start out by encouraging all of your single ladies out there to trust you gut and keep your standards. Do not settle or give in just because people tell you that the only reason someone that's your age doesn't have a ring is because she's clearly too picky. Not necessarily true AT ALL. Now, that said, do I think that girls (myself included) can be too picky over little things? Sure. Looking back at a former list of attributes I was looking for in a husband illustrates that. Do I really care if the guy wears flip flops? If he can ride a horse? If he can beat me at one-on-one? No. Those qualifications are prime "too picky" examples. Or, to quote a You Tube video that changed my whole attitude on relationship, these are "the price of admission." But on the other side of the coin, there are deal breakers. Big ol' fat ones that you better never compromise on. The key here is knowing the difference. (And I think that when you meet someone who you click with, you will probably forget all of the "too picky" things anyway.)
When its time to make a change in her life, and how to summons the courage to do it. Change is scary. And hard. And is sucks. There's not a lot in life I dislike more. But sometimes, a girl has to make a big change. For me, that big changed looked like quitting my job, selling my condo, moving to another state, buying a house, and starting a new job doing something completely different. And it was scary. There were times (like when I had to announce that I was leaving my old job or the infamous oven fire) where I wanted to hit "rewind" and go back to my old, safe, comfortable life before the change. But great things happen through change. Change is necessary for growth and for greatness. It's hard and scary, but it's worth it.
![]() |
| Opening the door at my new house |
Every Woman Should Have...
Bought something a little expensive just for herself. I'm a saver. Hoarder, really. I don't enjoy spending large sums of money. It makes me far happier to put my money in a savings account than it does to go out and buy something shiny for myself. But a couple of years ago, I decided to buy myself something shiny for my birthday. I was single, had the money to do it, and had worked really hard to be where I was. And so, I ordered my first little blue box from a store called Tiffany's. And it was awesome. I'm not saying everyone needs to get something from Tiffany's, but I do think that it's great to splurge on yourself somehow at least once. It's kind of a reminder that you deserve it, which I think we all need sometimes.
| Tiffany's in Vienna |
A workout routine that works for her body. Here's the deal, different things work for different people. I could be on an Elliptical for 5 hours a day and I would not see as good of results as if I would get my booty on a treadmill and run 5 miles. That's just a fact for me. Some people love hot yoga. I liked it okay, but I got bored and it smelled like sweat. College Roomie is a barre fan. It would bore me to tears. I love spin class, but other friends hate having someone yelling at them for an hour. To each her own. Find something that works for you and stick with it.
![]() |
| Finish line of 2013 OKC Half Marathon |







3 comments:
Great post, Tiff! I love all of these pics, too! You have it all together, missy :)
I do think you should try barre. It's amazing how isometric holds can hurt so good.
Oh and that latte just convinced me that I need to pull out a K cup of English Breakfast with a whole lotta sugar.
-Amy
Another great post! And now I believe I'll be going to Starbucks....or since its practically snowing, I think I'll just wait until on my way to work tomorrow. I hear a pumpkin spice latte calling my name now!
Post a Comment