Friday, December 20, 2013

She Said/He Said Christmas Wish List

I thought it might be fun to do a little poll of my friends to ask them what was on their Christmas wish list this year.  So I asked.....what do you hope Santa leaves under your tree?  We've split the answers up into she said/he said.  We've got people who are married, single, engaged, hoping to soon be engaged.  We've got moms and expectant moms and children.  Age ranges from 3 to 65.  We've got lawyers and teachers and marketers and fudge makers.  All this to say, this seems to be a pretty good pool to see what good gift ideas might be for people in your life.  And since this is the last weekend of shopping before the big day....you're welcome!

She Said....

Blonde Oklahoma Girl:  A Michael Kors purse, a pink tool set (because you know I need to build things) and a hen for Rooster Cogburn.



Mrs. Arizona:  The Breaking Bad dvd series.

Gonzaga Friend:  A mamacoat (she's 7 months pregnant and cold, bless her heart!)

Miss Liv:  These awesome boots and a Keruig (even on sale here) and this new watch.

Loud Oklahoma Girl:  Atlanta Braves running shorts and new running shoes.  (We are on a mission to get fit and to do the OKC half marathon again, so she's obviously gearing up well!)

ABJ's Mama:  Cookie dough that makes me skinny.  (Amen, sister.  Amen!)

Almost Gypsy Soul:  Cast iron skillet, electric blanket, and these super cute boots.  (She lives in freaking Wyoming where it's been below zero for 10 days in a row.  This girl needs warm things!)

My Mom: A cross.  (She has a wall of probably 100 crosses...I swear she's going to pull the house down with this collection of hers!)

Cousin Mim:  Steak knives/cutting knives (so I don't have to cut my meat with butter knives anymore), clothes, and stuff to craft with.

Miss Canada:  These amazing boots and these even more amazing boots.  (Her exact words were "I would probably agree to marriage in exchange for these...")

College Roomie:  Fleece-lined leggings in every color. 

Me:  New luggage...something like this.  Oh, and this awesome running shirt.

Hometown Friend:  My favorite quote on my wrist as a stylish fashion piece, something to kick my butt into gear, a fun abstract way to remember everywhere I've lived, the latest in my eye shadow obsession that is naked palettes, this recipe box because I swear if my recipes were organized on beautiful cards I would cook more.
 
Super Mom:  Some new running shoes.

SoulMate Friend:  These slippers.

Mrs. Hepburn:  A letter from each of my children.

And last but not least, the winner of Tiffany's favorite gift request....Chicken Plucker.

Chicken Plucker:  My total frivolous want is this awesome purse.  My more practical want/need is 100 head of Simmental/Angus heifers.  (Good gracious do I love my friends!  Seriously, she wants cows for Christmas.  Boom.  That wins the contest.)


He Said....
 
Let me just tell you guys how many completely inappropriate emails I had to sift through to get this list.  I mean, seriously, boys.  Seriously.  I'd share them with you all, but the Bible Belt mothers do read this blog.

Cousin Kevin:  An enormous TV with a really good surround sound system, a tablet --iPad or something similar, one of those things that sits on the kitchen counter for hanging bananas.  (Seriously?  An iPad to a banana hanger?)

The Boy from Texas:  A gun.  (He fit in quite well at the Family Thanksgiving shoot out.)


Mr. Arizona:  A new mountain bike.

Little Cowboy:  Doctor toys, a iPod, a Frisbee.

McCain:  Broncos hat and hoodie, watch, sunglasses, Starbucks gift card, coffee mug for office, books, The Economist

Little Brother:  Camo for hunting, chaps for working, and new spur buckles.  (Yep.  We're a bunch of rednecks around here.)

Tuba Man:  New ratchet straps for the car.  Or a MacBook Pro.  (To which his wife responded "yea right.")

Little Linebacker:  "Cars with the eyes."  Apparently he means toys from that movie Cars.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, geez...clearly, I have screwed up my Christmas shopping for you! Can we meet in Amarillo soon so I can fix things?

Your momma

Anonymous said...

I am loving that Little Cowboy wants doctor toys. I really, really hope that he gets them so we can hear all the hilarious things he says while performing fake surgery on people.

-College Roomie

Jen@Almost Gypsy Soul said...

I love that so many of the ladies want boots! I was asked last week how many hats I had....."we don't discuss that because it rivals my footwear collection", banana hanger and the economist....I'd take those too! lol

Unknown said...

When I was a lawyer, I always wanted the extras: you know, a david yurman bracelet, a tory burch purse, National Championship ticksts, etc....all the stuff that I wouldn't buy myself (because I could afford my basics)

Now that I am temporarilly a poor clerk in DC, I asked for basics -- and requested that stuff was on sale (I'm no fool, I know mom sets a price limit haha!) -- I want blazers, pants, tights, flats and ladylike blouses. and a coat warm enough for DC.. Yep BORING :)

And yet, ill probably never be as grateful for my parents generosity as this year when I actually really need stuff!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there was a contest... I think the cows would be the most expensive, although that was not my goal. Gotta spend money to make money! - Chicken Plucker