So, I improvised. I wound up using sauce from a jar and baking the meatballs in the oven. Still turned out pretty good, but if you're paying attention, I'd follow Super Mom's recipe above! If you're behind on life and don't pay attention like me, the recipe below will work.
The Boy from Texas Rating: 3.5 (3 for the spaghetti, 4 for the meatballs)
The Boy from Texas Comments: (1) It's spaghetti, what do you want from me? (2) Do NOT pour that sauce over the leftover meatballs and let it sit all day. I will NOT eat that for dinner tomorrow night. (3) I'd like this better if you covered it with Mexican cheese, because that would taste more like a burrito. {You can't make this stuff up...}
Spaghetti and Meatballs
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. pork sausage (I use Medium)
2 eggs
1 3/4 C. breadcrumbs (I use Italian)
1 C. shredded Parmesan cheese
1.5 T. dried parsley
2/4 t. garlic salt
Salt and Pepper to taste
Jar of spaghetti sauce (I like Prego Traditional Heart Smart)
Spaghetti noodles
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray baking pan with Pam.
Combine first 8 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Prepare small meatballs--approximately golf ball size (I had about 30 of them). Place in baking pan.
Bake for 45 minutes.
While meatballs are baking, cook spaghetti noodles and heat spaghetti sauce on the stove. When meatballs are cooked, toss them with the sauce. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle parmesean cheese over the top.




No comments:
Post a Comment