Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Remembering the Green River

All the way back in 2012, I checked off a bucket list item by celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Chicago.  Today, my only celebration will be trying to get down a green smoothie containing spinach, so I thought it would be fun to look back and remember seeing the green river.

In case you don't know, every March, they dye the river green in Chicago to celebrate St. Patrick.  But more than that, the whole city turns out for a massive party.  Pubs open at 8:00 am.  There are parades.  Irish music everywhere.  Everyone wears green.  Green beer flows freely.  If you don't have this on your bucket list, get it added right now.  You won't regret it!








Looking back at these pictures make me smile.  ND Friend and Tiny Dancer had not yet started dating.  Today, they are less than 2 months away from welcoming in their first baby.  I had no idea The Boy from Texas even existed, and now, we're hitched and knocked up.  A lot can change in three years.  But I think if you're doing life right, at whatever stage, you can look back on great memories and look forward with anticipation for even better ones.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

4 comments:

rozann said...

What fun memories!! I cannot believe it was 3 years ago! How about we do this again next year... pushing strollers!!!??

Love you!

Amy @ A Desert Girl said...

How fun! So much can change in a short amount of time and each chapter really is special, isn't it?

-College Roomie

Brianne said...

That's definitely on my bucket list...all I need is a spring break to fall on St. Patrick's Day for once!

Jocelyn said...

Love seeing these pictures, and I love your thoughts at the end of the post about living life.