Today, I am the girl on the sidewalk. The one with her husband and child excited to point out Pistol Pete to an excited little boy wearing orange. The one who has talked to her girlfriends for years about bringing their kids to homecoming walk around.
Yesterday, an intoxicated girl plowed her car into a sidewalk of homecoming parade watchers in the middle of the morning. On a sidewalk I have walked myself hundreds of times. Chaos ensued, lives were lost. Mothers, fathers, children collecting candy. Four were killed, forty more injured.
To those of you still in the bar, live it up. Have fun. Make memories. Stumble home singing The Panhandlers off key.
But don't you dare bring your crap onto my sidewalk.
Please, please pray for everyone involved in this senseless tragedy.








1 comment:
so so sad. I have no words for this awful tragedy and the loss that the OSU family is going through once again. There is not a family that is stronger, but damn it, we shouldn't have to keep doing this.
Post a Comment